SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#80433 - 03/14/05 06:09 PM Advice from the experienced
FreeStyle Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Dear friends,

I need your advice.

I have been approached to become a business partner dealing with air purifier products. The mode of business is via network marketing. Selling the product is secondary because the earning potential (BIG) is really in building the network - recruiting more business partners.

Any of you have experience in this? Does it really work? How do I know if it's a scam or some sort?

#80434 - 03/14/05 06:50 PM Re: Advice from the experienced
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
I'm not an expert but IMHO there is no business without any investment. Recruiting people without selling products seems to be like the principle of chain-mails.

Mark my words: No input results in no output!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#80435 - 03/14/05 07:15 PM Re: Advice from the experienced
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sounds a lot like a pyramid scheme to me. Lots of them around, most make lots of money for the primary distributor, which is the guy who recruits you. Remember Amway, Tupperware, and lots of others that all operate in the same manner. I guess I know of 100 people who got into Amway, none made a dime and most lost money.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#80436 - 03/15/05 05:31 PM Re: Advice from the experienced
FreeStyle Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Thanks for the advice, Sheriff and Gary.

I must admit I was temporary blinded by the 'huge' income potential during the business plan presentation. The presenter even encouraged me to swipe a whole load of money from my credit card as capital to start the franchising immediately! I saw accountants, husband & wife venture, college students (a few at 22 years of age!) etc - all of them claiming to have made 5-figure monthly income. It's amazing this 'business' generates such a strong pull factor and it even operate in a swanky business centre in central city - prominent signage and all.

I don't know, I am not totally convinced. It's a business of recruiting and building 'downlines' and no one really sells any products. I don't think I will sleep well at night if I invest in it. I may be wrong but I am also not comfortable.

For now I'll take a step back, play my keyboard and continue to learn more first.

Cheers. Kickapoo, beer, hot chocolate and all

#80437 - 03/15/05 06:07 PM Re: Advice from the experienced
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
These people got my name a couple of years ago. I still receive emails from them.
Multi-level marketing has been responsible for many people making huge amounts of money. However, it's a game of selling--not necessarily the product, but the concept to more investors. If you work hard enough at it, it can be done.
I think there are better ways to get rich, though.
I did quite well with Excel Communications a few years ago, but I did not like the hard work of constantly holding meetings, training, motivating, etc. Not my cup of tea, but it could be yours.
There are opportunities in ML marketing that do NOT require a big investment of money, just your time and energy.
DonM

#80438 - 03/15/05 07:32 PM Re: Advice from the experienced
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If they're asking for your money, it's a pyramid scam. If they're only asking for your time, dedication and hard work, it still may be a scam, but at least you won't loose a bundle of hard-earned cash.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online