SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#80420 - 04/14/05 04:38 PM Re: Anybody else doing taxes today?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Actually, the tux is deductable as a uniform if it's required for certain events. Restuarant workers that are required to wear a tux are also eligible to deduct it as a uniform. And in my case, so is hair coloring. Yep, that medium brown hair is really snow white and has been for 30 years. The only problem now is I'm running out of hair so I'll loose the hair coloring deduction.

A few years ago I purchased a book "Tax Loopholes--All The Law Allows" from Little Black Books. It quotes every legal tax deduction, chapter and verse, plus provides cases where it may have been challenged and gives you the court, case number, ruling, presiding judge and tax code. It's a wonderful tool for anyone that is self employed, which I have been since 1975.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#80421 - 04/14/05 04:41 PM Re: Anybody else doing taxes today?
Jenkins Offline

Loc: NC, USA
Mailed my tax return a few days ago.

I always send my federal and state return by certified mail. Last year I got a letter from the IRS saying they could not find my return. I sent them a photocopy of the return and a photocopy of the certified receipt that was mailed to me showing that someone in the IRS had signed for my return...never heard anything else from them

#80422 - 04/14/05 11:45 PM Re: Anybody else doing taxes today?
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Jenkins:
...never heard anything else from them

Well done, Mr. Jenkins!!!
The governments are too greedy. They collect taxes from millions of people and what do they return? Pure shid!!!
Sorry for my humble opinion...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 04-14-2005).]

#80423 - 04/15/05 04:49 AM Re: Anybody else doing taxes today?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Actually, the tux is deductable as a uniform if it's required for certain events. Restuarant workers that are required to wear a tux are also eligible to deduct it as a uniform. And in my case, so is hair coloring. Yep, that medium brown hair is really snow white and has been for 30 years. The only problem now is I'm running out of hair so I'll loose the hair coloring deduction.

A few years ago I purchased a book "Tax Loopholes--All The Law Allows" from Little Black Books. It quotes every legal tax deduction, chapter and verse, plus provides cases where it may have been challenged and gives you the court, case number, ruling, presiding judge and tax code. It's a wonderful tool for anyone that is self employed, which I have been since 1975.

Cheers,

Gary

Thanks Gary! I'm glad someone else takes that deduction other than me.

I guess now you (and I) will have to deduct hair replacement when the dye deduction runs out.

I tried using hair dye (just for men) for about 6 months and I hated it. In my case, it just looked very unnatural. I should probably dye it platinum blond and get a nose ring to make me look more current.

Regards,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#80424 - 04/15/05 06:17 AM Re: Anybody else doing taxes today?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Al,

Just For Men is awful, and to me looks like your hair was covered with brown shoe polish. I've found the women's products work much better, look completely natural, and last much longer. I've been using a medium brown, which leaves hint of the white show through and no one but my wife knows it's not natural. Most folks think I'm 10 years younger.

Lets face it--age descrimination exists. No one want's to hire a white-haired old man who's collecting Social Security to perform at their party--even if they're the same age as you. It's just a fact of life and we deal with it the best way we can--LIE LIKE HELL! At least it seems like I'm covering something up-my age. It's kinda' funny when you think back to when you were a littl kid and tried to make everyone think you were older. How times change!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#80425 - 04/15/05 09:39 AM Re: Anybody else doing taxes today?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Gary,

Your right. I am feeling age descrimination at work on Wall Street in a technology area. Both areas are traditionally for young aggressive types.

However, when I perform on the drums I run into a much different attitude. Most young guys come up to me and are very complementary on my playing and technique like I'm some sort of novelty act.

I've never tried the lady stuff. Maybe I should revisit that, but I'm afraid of showing up at work one day with colored hair. You were very smart to start early and keep it up for all these years.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#80426 - 04/15/05 10:04 AM Re: Anybody else doing taxes today?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gary, we all know it now!!

#80427 - 04/15/05 10:13 AM Re: Anybody else doing taxes today?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Never bothered Kenny Rogers to have white hair.
Doesn't bother me either.
Don

#80428 - 04/15/05 11:59 AM Re: Anybody else doing taxes today?
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Hey guys, I like you all!!!
Wether you're grey haired or black, brown, yellow *LOL* or sometimes green...hehehe...no matter at all...

There's no age discrimination if you're talking to me because I see the world through the eyes of a musician...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#80429 - 04/15/05 12:57 PM Re: Anybody else doing taxes today?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
You guys are lucky to still HAVE hair of any color.

Tom

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online