SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#80280 - 05/13/05 04:04 PM An Appology
analogcontrolfreak Offline

I know this is about me, but I will be breif. I just wanted to appologise to the entire board for my pervious behavior. Especially for lashing out at anyone or becoming defensive in anyway to any comments towards me on here. I know I may have delted past posts, but that was only in frustartion, or anger. I am seeking help through an online support group, and starting to feel better about myself. Also appologiseing to people that I may have hurt in the past is part of my healing process.

analogcontrolfreak

aka Paul

#80281 - 05/13/05 04:12 PM Re: An Appology
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Paul there ain't nothing here but arranger keyboard players, country singers, a couple of cajuns and a hand full of musicians. It's hard to hurt our feelings.

We don't have no feelings. Ha! Ha! I wish you well. I had an awful time in the late 80's and I'm still here. Hang in there things change in time usually for the best.

#80282 - 05/13/05 04:29 PM Re: An Appology

Thanks! Actually this was in reference to those who already know me. But thanks again for the words of encouragement.

[This message has been edited by analogcontrolfreak (edited 05-13-2005).]

#80283 - 05/13/05 08:05 PM Re: An Appology
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Hey, Paul! I know you...and your comments. I never felt bad by your comments. I felt that you'd have some questions that made you running through the circus but questions are made to be getting answered. This way of learning is called LIFE - no need for apology. After the darkness will always follow the light.

I also remember that we'd have some fun...
Keep on rocking, Paul!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#80284 - 05/14/05 04:46 AM Re: An Appology

Thanks Sheriff! My main problem was that I did NOT want to accept the fact that I had any sort of problems, and that whatever I did I viewed as being my fault. I was being very closed minded or one track minded. I felt that people on here were getting frustrated with me in what I was writting. Plus I felt that I was NOT getting the answers that I wanted to hear, even though I should have listend. I was blameing everyone else for not helping me with my problems, when everyone really was. I just did not want to hear it.

But your right, life is an learning experience and that I should be enjoying it!

[This message has been edited by analogcontrolfreak (edited 05-14-2005).]

#80285 - 05/14/05 08:53 PM Re: An Appology
StPatrick Offline

Loc: Bentonville, VA USA
This may be way off base, but have found with most people (myself included) getting really mad or irrational can be traced to low blood sugar. My ex and I had the same deal, when one was flying off the handle, the other could ask, have you eaten recently. Invariably one of us had skipped a meal and the low blood sugar caused the flare up.
Just a thought

#80286 - 05/14/05 10:07 PM Re: An Appology

Well mine was not low blood sugar. I am suffering from "Nice Guy Synndrom". Yes there is such a thing as the nice guy syndrom. To learn more stop by No More Mr Nice Guy.com
http://www.nomoremrniceguy.com

#80287 - 05/14/05 10:26 PM Re: An Appology
StPatrick Offline

Never heard of it (and I'm usually nice, lol) but I'll check it out!

#80288 - 05/15/05 03:39 AM Re: An Appology

I never heard about either, until I bought Dr. Glovers Book "No More Mr. Nice Guy" Don't let the tittle fool you. It does not make guys become bad. It's A Proven Plan for getting what you want in Love, Sex, and Life.

#80289 - 05/15/05 10:02 AM Re: An Appology
StPatrick Offline

Well that pretty much covers the bases!

#80290 - 05/15/05 10:11 AM Re: An Appology

Yeah! I even joined the online support group. Which has helped me out tremendously.

#80291 - 05/16/05 12:18 PM Re: An Appology
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hey Paul....you're FINE...your opinions are appreciated. It's great that people care enough to contribute. You recently talked about the quality and sound of a small Carvin amp. I use and like this unit, and you thought it was just so so. So what? In this case,we didn't really have different opinions, since I realize the limitations of the Carvin. I use it for flexibility, ease of hook up and breakdown. You are right in your observations, but I have seen little things like this, like discussions of the build quality and appropriateness of the Logtech systems, escalate into something much more.

Your effort to be nice is admirable, but as far as I'm concerned "much to do about nothing".

Hang in there. I look at and appreciate your opinions and approach to equipment and the business. And, who knows? You just might teach this "old fart" a thing or two.

Best regards,

Russ

#80292 - 05/16/05 02:04 PM Re: An Appology

Thanks Russ, I really appericate that. I don't remember talking about the quality of a carvin amp? Maybe I did I don't recall though. Dang Brain Fart. The only amplifier that I have worked with is a Crown CE-1000! Which is a very powerfull amplifiere. Though it's not the same type of amp most musicains would use. Mine was designed for DJ'ing, but it can be used for pluging in a keyboard or guitar provided you have a Mixer to connect to the AMP. Also I have a pair of Peavy Speakers which are good ones too. But living in a Condo I could not use the speakers and AMP to there fullest potenital.

As far as a good amp Marshal is usually the best brand since a lot of guitar players use Marshal tube amps. Gibson would be second best. But this is only my opinion. Peavy is good as well. As for Carvin I really don't know to much about them.

However, I am starting to learn more and more about other peices of equipment not just synthesizers. Like Mixers, and Studio Monitors. Mackie makes some really great mixers, and alesis makes some good studio monitors. However I did find there is a Pair of stuido montiors that Yamaha makes that I think sound fantasitc. The only montiors that I have are a pair of Powered Monitors form TEAC. PowerMax/1602. They only cost $99.00.

One last thing. I did mange to gain new found confidence in myself. I am finnaly able to drive a clutch without stalling. I have never driven one before so this is a first. After messing up about the last six or seven times. This time I did it without thinking and without worrying about whether I was going to stall out or grind gears.

[This message has been edited by analogcontrolfreak (edited 05-17-2005).]

#80293 - 05/17/05 04:14 AM Re: An Appology

OOPS! I want to retract one thing. Gibson no longer makes amplifires.

#80294 - 05/17/05 10:51 AM Re: An Appology
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Actually, Paul, Gibson does sell a line of high-quality Class A tube amps. Never played one, but they're listed in the latest Musicians Friend.

Russ

#80295 - 05/17/05 12:54 PM Re: An Appology

Oh! I did not know that! I thought they had discontinued them. Thanks Russ.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online