SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#79874 - 05/08/05 11:13 AM Re: Gig fight
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Playing in dance clubs in New York, we see this nonsense all the time.

If the club owner cannot guarantee the safety of your equipment and the band members, I would not play there -- it's in the contract.

Also, when this nonsense starts, we immediately STOP playing. Unfortunately, music seems to add fuel to the alcohol fire and dead silence seems to quiet things down. We also threaten to walk off stage if the nonsense doesn't stop.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#79875 - 05/08/05 11:55 AM Re: Gig fight
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Playing in dance clubs in New York, we see this nonsense all the time.

If the club owner cannot guarantee the safety of your equipment and the band members, I would not play there -- it's in the contract.

Also, when this nonsense starts, we immediately STOP playing. Unfortunately, music seems to add fuel to the alcohol fire and dead silence seems to quiet things down. We also threaten to walk off stage if the nonsense doesn't stop.

I threaten to start singing

#79876 - 05/08/05 02:39 PM Re: Gig fight
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Good one, that's our plan "B" MrEd.

Plan "C" is to threaten to dance!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#79877 - 05/09/05 03:18 AM Re: Gig fight
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
""Also, when this nonsense starts, we immediately STOP playing. Unfortunately, music seems to add fuel to the alcohol fire and dead silence seems to quiet things down. We also threaten to walk off stage if the nonsense doesn't stop.""

Now what does that say about today's music!. Think about when the Titanic went down and the band carried on playing until the bitter end. In my young day, (NOT on the Titanic I hasten to add) we were expected to carry on playing through the mayhem to help to CALM the situation, not inflame it.

I seem to remember some old poet or other wrote something about music having charm to soothe the savage beast ( or breast if you prefer it).

I am a bit worried that we haven't yet heard from Slower after his gig though!!!

Fingers crossed
Trevor

#79878 - 05/14/05 09:36 PM Re: Gig fight
StPatrick Offline

Loc: Bentonville, VA USA
I think it is a sad fact of this business. There are no good paying gigs I know of where alcohol isn't involved. If I could work 9-5 Mon - Fri and do what I do for the same money, I would in a second--and I probably wouldn't be single again!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online