Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#79864 - 05/07/05 08:46 AM Re: Gig fight
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
"Ten little indians...!"
Noo, just kidding...
Those western movies were really baaaaaad...

I think it's a general problem in society and not only in small villages that some people's brain drop out for a few minutes (or hours). In the most cases it is caused by alcohol but in some other cases it is more than this...

In some rock concerts - especially in punk scenes - there's a modern 'gag' called 'stage-diving'. Hey, the stage is MY area!!!
They are running across the border line and then...woops...they're jumping head forth into the crowd.
Can you imagine? They're not normal in their brain, aren't they? That's absolutely dangerous for the people in the crowd who can't go beside because there's already standing someone...
But they do it just for fun. Hey, what a kind of fun should it be to lie in a puddle of blood and broken teeth? Maybe those people need a head shot to short their ailment?
I'm afraid, it's only a question of humility...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#79865 - 05/07/05 09:00 AM Re: Gig fight
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
If you feel you want to or need to go back tonight, then by all means talk to the manager and explain that if he can't protect you then you're out of there. I don't care how much the job pays, it's not enough to replace equipment or an injured band member.

#79866 - 05/07/05 09:08 AM Re: Gig fight
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheriff:
"Ten little indians...!"
Noo, just kidding...
Those western movies were really baaaaaad...

I think it's a general problem in society and not only in small villages that some people's brain drop out for a few minutes (or hours). In the most cases it is caused by alcohol but in some other cases it is more than this...

In some rock concerts - especially in punk scenes - there's a modern 'gag' called 'stage-diving'. Hey, the stage is MY area!!!
They are running across the border line and then...woops...they're jumping head forth into the crowd.
Can you imagine? They're not normal in their brain, aren't they? That's absolutely dangerous for the people in the crowd who can't go beside because there's already standing someone...
But they do it just for fun. Hey, what a kind of fun should it be to lie in a puddle of blood and broken teeth? Maybe those people need a head shot to short their ailment?
I'm afraid, it's only a question of humility...

Sheriff....It all has to do with your BRAIN ON DRUGS....thereby making it a LACK OF BRAIN
Tony Rome

#79867 - 05/07/05 09:31 AM Re: Gig fight
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
...it's not enough to replace equipment or an injured band member.

Well said, Cassp! 100% YES!!!

Slower, if you have a choice then take it!!!

#79868 - 05/07/05 10:47 AM Re: Gig fight
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
...guys...I'm ready to go to gig...or whatever it is...small village hear I come!!!

sLOWER

#79869 - 05/07/05 11:56 AM Re: Gig fight
Sheriff Offline

Good luck, Slower!!!
I hope we will read further more out of your feather...

Maybe...
...the blue minds of yesterday
has gone so far away...

Comm'on sing with me...

#79870 - 05/07/05 11:57 AM Re: Gig fight
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
This post takes me back to a lot of years.
I was playing in this band at this dance hall and I always wondered why the upright piano was on rollers until one night a riot broke out between a LOT of people. I just turned the piano a 1/4 turn and had a fort and all of us got down on the floor and hid behind the piano.
I also worked a club where the piano bar was in the corner and there was lots of room to hide underneath this grand piano. The only other problem in this club was the Boss's wife. I finally had to quit. It was a good gig too. It only paid union scale of $10.00 a night but the tips could be awesome when everyone had a great day at the horse race track, Santa Anita just down the street a ways.
Bebop

#79871 - 05/07/05 12:22 PM Re: Gig fight
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by sLOWER:
I'm sory,I didn't mean to offend anybody... I was thinking on scenes from American movies...

Once again, I'm offering my apology if I offend anyone.

sLOWER

No offense taken. If you need help tonight, I'll bring a war party to help you.
DonM

#79872 - 05/07/05 04:33 PM Re: Gig fight
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Sorry to hear about your situation, Slower. Nobody needs that crap. Hopefully, you're on a high enough stage to avoid all that stuff. You know where not to book again.

"Oh man, look at those cavemen go! They're in the freakiest show!" -- David Bowie, Life On Mars.

#79873 - 05/08/05 06:54 AM Re: Gig fight
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Hey, Slower,

How did it go last night? Did things calm down a little?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online