Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#79854 - 05/07/05 04:44 AM Gig fight
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
HI guys,

...just want to share this with you...

Last night I played at the local club (at some village,hamlet,country, don't know any words to describe it) with my band and two very drunk (there were about 100 more drunkies) people coused a FIGHT. We were frustrated because there was 50 000 Euros of equipment on the stage! Two guys (from other village) were beaten by the 20 or 30 local persons ...when the klub personals get them out of the klub there was blood anywhere... Tonight we'll play agin at that place and there will be revange... Those guys are so primitive and I don't know what to espect... acctualy I know - two rival villages will beat each other to death beside my PA,light and other gear... that's the "dream" (nightmare) of any musician...

Did you have similar situations? Is this normal? I saw many fights but nothing like this.

Best regards from Zagreb, Croatia
sLOWER

[This message has been edited by sLOWER (edited 05-07-2005).]

#79855 - 05/07/05 05:05 AM Re: Gig fight
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
GO BACK TONIGHT!!!!!!

I DON'T think so.......
Plead a prior engagement mate!

Let's hope we hear from you tomorrow.

VERY best wishes

Trevor

#79856 - 05/07/05 05:33 AM Re: Gig fight
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by sLOWER:
Did you have similar situations? Is this normal? I saw many fights but nothing like this...

If people got aggressive then they are able to do everything we can't imagine. The situation that you've described seems to me like a 'typical' small village scene. People in dark minds come to a concert - always thinking that this is a big party - drinking too much alcohol and then loosing control.
If there are one or two aggressives then the crowd will stop them but if the crowd is drunken too then the dynamite will explode...

In some cases the band has the chance to communicate with the crowd because they all did come to see the BAND. But in the case you've mentioned above I think you only can run for your lifes...

I hope you won't live to see the same tonight. A strong and charismatic front man could have a chance to intercept those aggravations but at the end...if someone mad wants to beat someone else then you can't stop him...without a gun...or better kick'em in his gonads and then run awayyyyyyyyyy...

Good luck for your next gig!!! Maybe you will need some security guards in front of the stage like we've seen it in big concerts...

It's sad but true!!!
Fortunality it's not the standard for our society...
------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-07-2005).]

#79857 - 05/07/05 06:14 AM Re: Gig fight
sLOWER Offline

I'll see what will happen tonight... I don't like to play small village gigs... I have filling that I'm playing for the INDIANS!! Like to play only when I'm in the mood for party and have a few of drinks...and when all of my private friends are there... Where have gone those days when I had a normal bend and played a gigs in the town, for normal, culture people... without having to play folk,folk and nothing but the folk... nowadays,only thing that is better than before is good sounding system, all other equipment and money... Where did joy for playing desapired???

sLOWER

#79858 - 05/07/05 07:14 AM Re: Gig fight
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
I would be very hesitant about going back in
to do anything let alone setting up expensive equimtment to perform for that bunck of drunken loons.....
Tony Rome

#79859 - 05/07/05 07:19 AM Re: Gig fight
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Unfortunately, alcohol makes some individuals very aggressive, while others consume it moderately, enjoy the enening and have a good time dancing to the music. When the situation gets out of hand, it's time for you to get out of that venue. That's one of the many reasons I no longer perform in local nite-clubs. No more contending with drunks, fights, cigarette smoke, and most of all--low pay. For me, it's private parties, nursing homes, retirement banquets, assisted living centers, etc., places where you are well paid, the audiences love the music, you get home at a decent hour and more often than not, book several more jobs from the one you just played.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#79860 - 05/07/05 07:42 AM Re: Gig fight
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Sure helps to reinforce my feelings about not playing bars anymore.

#79861 - 05/07/05 07:44 AM Re: Gig fight
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
Sure helps to reinforce my feelings about not playing bars anymore.

Except this one, of course. Boy, wouldn't this be a great place to jam...

#79862 - 05/07/05 07:49 AM Re: Gig fight
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Don't blame it on the Indians, we were here first.
DonM

#79863 - 05/07/05 07:58 AM Re: Gig fight
sLOWER Offline

I'm sory,I didn't mean to offend anybody... I was thinking on scenes from American movies...

Once again, I'm offering my apology if I offend anyone.

sLOWER

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online