SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#79737 - 01/13/05 02:47 PM Re: I Don't Like......!
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
So, when starts a guitar topic in the Bar

By the way for acoustic I use mostly an old 70ties Guild D-55, which beats any Martin/Parker/Gibson..

Fred

#79738 - 01/13/05 03:06 PM Re: I Don't Like......!
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Fred, you're already part of it.
Those Guild are nice guitars.

Dave, my neighbor got a 12 string Taylor with Koa all around. Increadible sound.
I haven't heared the Mohoghany yet, But I can imagine how sweet the sound must be.

With all the technology in keyboards and Mega voices nowadays I still like to hear the sound/vibration of an acustic instrument from time to time.
The sweet sound of seasond wood.

Enjoy your new baby.

Eric

#79739 - 01/13/05 09:32 PM Re: I Don't Like......!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I've had lots of Guilds, from the D25 all the way up to the D100, and I liked them all ..... but I LOVE my Taylors.
Cleaner, clearer, lighter ... They have a crisp, definiative tone, and an easy to play fretboard. My Guilds always sounded dark, like the characteristic Martin sound. Fat and loud, but not as "cutting" as the Taylor. Great looking guitars - all of 'em !

#79740 - 01/14/05 09:59 AM Re: I Don't Like......!
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
I've had lots of Guilds, from the D25 all the way up to the D100, and I liked them all ..... but I LOVE my Taylors.
Cleaner, clearer, lighter ... They have a crisp, definiative tone, and an easy to play fretboard. My Guilds always sounded dark, like the characteristic Martin sound. Fat and loud, but not as "cutting" as the Taylor. Great looking guitars - all of 'em !

You're right on, Dave, this is excactly the way I hear them. On my way to Tennessee this summer, I'm picking up a Taylor in GC Atlanta on my way to Kamp Kaufman!

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#79741 - 01/14/05 10:43 AM Re: I Don't Like......!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
New Toys a comin' !

#79742 - 01/14/05 10:52 AM Re: I Don't Like......!
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
OK, you "pickers and grinners" (I still pick pretty good, I just don't grin as often as I used to)....I recently bought one of the
Selmer/Macafari (sp) guitars made by Saga.
It's supposed to be an authentic reproduction of the guitar Django played.

I'd like to amplify it, but the sound hole
is an irregular shape, so a snap in magnetic won't work, and it dosen't have a strap pin.

An Audio Technica clip in does OK....not great.

Any suggestions? It's a Kool Piece. Musicians Friend carries it...actually two similar models.

Russ

#79743 - 01/14/05 11:47 AM Re: I Don't Like......!
royandreno Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
New Toys a comin' !

Yeah! I've got GAS big time!

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#79744 - 01/14/05 02:20 PM Re: I Don't Like......!
royandreno Offline

Gear Aquisition Syndrome................

For all you none US/UK............

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#79745 - 01/14/05 03:55 PM Re: I Don't Like......!
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Don't worry Roy, most of us non us/uk know what it is... I suffer heavy GAS since years
I currently own 41 guitars

#79746 - 01/14/05 04:21 PM Re: I Don't Like......!
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Roy...detune to Eb huh...that's hilarious. Naturally, I meant I don't like a lot of tunes that are played in E in combination with very few other chords. I'll try it. Maby then I can get one of my horn playing buddies to play a verse or two of Rocky Top!

Seriously, folks, I don't REALLY have anything against the key of E. I grew up on nylon string and electric and never actually played a steel string much. I cut my teeth on Bossas, early Rock and Roll and never got into folk or country. Then the jazz bug hit me and it was all over!

Always enjoy what you have to say!

Russ

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online