SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#79725 - 05/15/07 01:32 AM kn6500 or psr 3000
born2die Offline

Loc: england
I am still tossing up weather to buy a synth workstation or arranger but for now I would just like to discuss arrangers.

I play both piano and keyboards so I am stuck for choice. I have a fatar weighted controller and a korg nx5r for piano and synth type sounds but I am still debating on the second board choice it could be either a fusion, triton classic, Juno-G of fantom from the workstation side or a psr3000, kn6000 or pa50 on the arranger front but I am looking for best bang for the buck ie qua;ity of sounds, backings and features I am not too fussed about loosing sampler functions but i need a good range of styles from early 60,s through to 90's pop and rock.

I never have been a great fan of the psr series and the 3000 is at the top of my bbudget wheras the kn6000 is bang on but which gives the better styles and features.

I h/ave always liked the technics sound but I have ever only managed to own a kn2000 which I had to reluctantly sell some years ago.

I would also like to incorperate some of the sounds from my module into the sequencer via of either of these arrangers is this possible if so could somebody please explain how as I am a midi newcomer. also how good is the pianist mode on the kn can it recognise slash chords and some jazz voicings as I have nevetr used this feature before I am assuming I play the piano as normal and the keyboard puts in the backings etc if so could I control this over midi so I am using my fatar as the master.

so to summerise can somebody outline to major differences for me and if possible up a couple of kn6500 or 6000 demos for me to listen to.

many thanks in advance

tristian

#79726 - 05/15/07 01:40 AM Re: kn6500 or psr 3000
born2die Offline

Loc: england
sorry I meant to post this link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Technics-KN6000-El...1QQcmdZViewItem

where he lists expansion SY-EW01NX is this the correct part number for the 6500 upgrade?

many thanks

tris

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online