SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#7952 - 01/01/06 07:01 PM 2 bands fold in one night
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
I'm in 2 bands, at least I was, up until last night.
Our drummer & his wife opted to pull out of the Bar/casual band we've put a lot of work into, & I thought they enjoyed, and they've also ko'd the showband(it was their project). I really couldn't give a rat's a** about the showband because in reality it was petty lame, with all the costumes & jumpin' around in monkey suits & what not, but them dropping out of the other band also means I've gotta put together something else, if I want that, & I think I do want that.
In any event, I guess I'll have to start auditioning musicians if I want to persue this aspect.
Hell of a New Year's present.

I'd like to think that there's a silver lining to all this and that this may be the opportunity to expand into some new and varied musical areas.
So first off I'll be looking for a skilled percussionist, and maybe....a female vocalist, but I'm also looking at the idea of a 3 piece...if nothing else, it'll tighten up my chops.

As they say in Iraq...Shiite Happens.

btw: the New Years gig went great.
Good Luck to everyone in 2006.

------------------
...shboom

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 01-02-2006).]

#7953 - 01/02/06 12:55 PM Re: 2 bands fold in one night
TheSonicEnergyAuthority Offline

Loc: Peterborough,Cambridgeshire,UK
It's quite common for bands to go their seperate ways on New Years Eve.

I'm pretty sure that the band I'm working with is going to call it a day this year (after being together 17 years).
We have some work for 2006, but unless the bands manager has a change of heart he isn't planning for 2007. Were honouring our commitments for 2006.
The work we did just before Christmas went pretty well, so perhaps there is a hope of survival - but as they say, all good things do come to an end.

I'm already working for another band - best to keep your options open so to speak.

Sorry for you, and hope you find a solution.

#7954 - 01/02/06 02:03 PM Re: 2 bands fold in one night
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Solo.....Solo.....SOLO..

#7955 - 01/02/06 04:31 PM Re: 2 bands fold in one night
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Solo.....Solo.....SOLO..

Bin there...Bin there...Done That

------------------
...shboom

#7956 - 01/02/06 11:29 PM Re: 2 bands fold in one night
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Sorry to hear about that shboom. A lot of work goes into making a band work well together over the years so it is always a sad thing when all that energy amounts to nothing. I know exactly how you must feel. But it is good that you have a constructive attitude towards it. That is the only way you can deal with something like this. You are right you will turn it around and make it become a good thing.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online