SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#79420 - 05/25/06 07:50 AM Romania's song for Eurovision 2006, I like it!....Claudiu step on and record it!!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
I know most here are Americans, and maybe are not very familiar with this.

This year's Eurovision contest was held in Athens, Greece. You may have heard of Maria Menounos, a Greek-American, which was co-presenter in the show held last weekend.

It was Romania's song "Tornero" (sung in English and Italian) that I really did like so I decided to upload an mp3 and share it with you. It is fast paced, fresh, and they said (too bored to verify if it is true or not)that the guy singing has a voice span of 5 octaves and a third.... or maybe 3 octaves and a fifth, whatever.

Anyway, here it is:
(Eurovision_Athens_2006_-_Mihai_Traistariu_(Romania)_-_T ornero.mp3

I am sure Claudiu will enjoy it, it is exactly the genre he likes...Come on Claudiu!!!!!

#79421 - 05/26/06 11:16 AM Re: Romania's song for Eurovision 2006, I like it!....Claudiu step on and record it!!
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Hi,
What did you think off the Winner

Cheers Barry

#79422 - 05/29/06 07:03 AM Re: Romania's song for Eurovision 2006, I like it!....Claudiu step on and record it!!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
I rather liked it. it was not good, but it was fun, and funny, and different.
When we (me and friends) heard Lordi in the semi finals, we laughed. Not because of the song, but because most of the monster make up was funny, (like the little horns one guy had). It ws a cross between Alice Cooper, Manowar and Cinderella, which reminded us of the music we used to hear in the late 80's.

Musically I think it doesn't say much, but Eurovision has long ago ceased to be a singer's or musical talent contest. They are doing a show, each one trying to impress more with the visuals. I think that was a very big mistake on our (Greece singer) part, that appeared in the stage all alone. It was completely different from what the others were doing, and IMHO it costed votes.
I didn't like the country-western-tex-mex whatever songs that some did.
Kudos to Serbia-Montenegro for doing an ethnic-like song.
Ah, and the guys with the "we are the winners of Eurovision" got our applause in the semi finals.
Theodore

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online