SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#79409 - 12/04/06 08:11 AM Re: Pulse check time
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Fran, if we were sitting across from each other, I'm sure I would enjoy the attitude, sense of humor and good-natured "jabs".

Here, however, the interaction sometimes comes off as unnecessarily rude and inconsiderate.

I guess ya gotta "know ya to love ya".

Regards,

Russ

#79410 - 12/08/06 04:42 AM Re: Pulse check time
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Fran, you have always been supportive of me and I appreciate that. Your technical knowledge surpasses mine so I've learned much from your posts. Of course, it helps that you play a G 1000 which is still my favorite board. Hope to see you back on in the near future.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#79411 - 12/09/06 05:24 PM Re: Pulse check time
Rejected Idol Offline

Loc: St Paul, MN
Fran and others - I came "out of the shadows" in defense of Scott. My posts have not been put out there to make you mad, or to make things worse. They have been put out there because what happened has (since you asked) "harmed" all of the Tyros users on this board. Yeah, it may be indirect, but nonetheless, we are now harmed. Why? Because we lost one of our experts.

Every morning for the last 2 years or so, my "routine" has been to check SZ while I drink some coffee and get psyched (yeah right!) to go to the mill. And usually when I get on the 'net at night I check here again to see what the latest "buzz" is. Sure, I see all the hype about the Rolands and the Korgs but since I have a Tyros, I have decided to try to make the thing work for me - hence it's the Yammie discussion that I follow mostly on here. And Scott was a major help. When I wanted additional RAM, all I had to do was search for Tyros RAM and there was the answer (courtesy of Scott). When I installed a hard drive, same situation. When I had some specific questions I sent him an email and he ended up calling me up a couple times to talk me through my problems.

So please don't brand me as a "hothead". I am on the contrary, just extremely disappointed that this happened and that my talented friend has left this forum. Anyone and everyone who dealt with Scott knew without a doubt that he loves music, and he loves arrangers. And I know he loved it here as well because (as we all understand things) that is what this board is about. It was so unnecessary. I'm sure you'd feel exactly the same way if someone drove off one of your buds on here. Particularly if it didn't need to happen in the first place.

I wish all the "remainers" on this board the best. For me personally, maybe someone will fill Scott's shoes from the technical aspect of things. I hope so.

At any rate, that's it from me. I wish all the 'zoners' a nice holiday.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online