SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#7743 - 11/08/04 06:03 AM VOICE EFFECT SEARCH
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear people,

I need a effect system that produse me a very high funny voice for the voice of a penguin mascotte.
It is for "live" singing and speaking trough a micro on stage or elswhere.

The problem I have now with my effect (Lexicon LXP5) is that I always hear my own voice togheter with the high voice and I want only to hear THE high voice when I speak trough the micro.

Wiewieneke
Ghent, Belgium

#7744 - 11/08/04 11:28 AM Re: VOICE EFFECT SEARCH
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Check Digitech, TC Electronics and Roland. They all make vocal processors that do that!

#7745 - 11/08/04 01:12 PM Re: VOICE EFFECT SEARCH
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Either that, or try to turn down "Direct Level" parameter on your FX unit. I think most Lexicon processors let you do that.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 11-08-2004).]

#7746 - 11/09/04 11:18 AM Re: VOICE EFFECT SEARCH
TM Offline

Just use a pitch shifter, vocal processors are great and all...just no need to spend extra cash if you have some guitar/bass/keyboard related effects that can do the job.

If you don't have any that can, might want to check out the Yamaha Magic Stomp...while it doesn't completely replace an analog chain of effects. Its a great jack of all trades that can do exotic things other stand alone units and many multi units couldn't hope to do.

#7747 - 11/13/04 01:39 AM Re: VOICE EFFECT SEARCH
MORPH! Offline

Loc: Laguna Beach, California, Unit...
Yeah but you could use six pitch shifters. Fill up that pedal board with out to space capability! I like Boss. Hell It's gotta at least sound like a freakin penguin orbiting Saturn with a mackeral in its mouth by the time it leaves that sixth pedal. Tip: if you plug the power into the pedal and it humms like a bastard, that power pack is probably to your RC vehicle or something. EZ fixjob: Unplug it and just try a different one until the hum just dissappears.
Ahem...sorry... I agree with 3351. Yes with Lexi's you can control the % of the effected and/or dry signal.
Pete

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online