SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#77074 - 12/13/10 01:57 PM AO1 Auto Orchestra
riffle Offline

Loc: Port Orford, OR. USA
Want to buy AO1 Auto Orchestra with pedals.

#77075 - 12/15/10 01:29 PM Re: AO1 Auto Orchestra
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hey, dude! This is Russ. I have an original Auto Orchestra, which I had rebuilt at GREAT EXPENSE! As we discussed in "The Bar", I would advise getting one of the new Ketron modules and the bass foot pedals, which Ketron still sells.

I'm talking about today's version of the bass pedals you're familiar with. They also make a set of 13 note controller pedals for use with their arrangers (not what you're looking for.

The old Auto Orchestra is pre-computer, and parts are nearly non-existant...lots and lots of mechanical parts. I restored mine, and the cost was more than the out the door cost of a Midjay (module) and pedals.

The new Ketron stuff is ideal for doing what you want to do...learning curve is almost non-existant, and lots' of people think that the Ketron sound (particularly the drums) is the best.

Look for a post by Frank (Frankieve). He's the dealer you want to talk to.

Or, email me, and I'll email you my phone number. My Auto Orchestra is not for sale. Besides being very expensive to maintain, the sounds are now very dated. New Ketron stuff can be customized with style disks to make them fit what you want to do.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online