SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#76086 - 03/12/05 11:22 AM Best Synth For The Money ...
hauschild Offline

Loc: lisle,il,usa
Guys,

I'm contemplating purchasing a new synth. The problem is, I don't really have much experience in this realm, so I don't know which brand to buy.

So far, for around the same money, I see the Korg Triton, the Yamaha Motiff ES6 and the Roland X7(not sure about the model).

I liked the Roland because it had the seemed to be a bit more advanced, and I really thought the piano sound beat the other two.

I am a software engineer so I envision doing a lot of work thru the computer. I'm also in my mid 30's, so you know my favorite type of music to play is 80's, Bon Jovi, etc. I currently own a Kawai K3, but it is a bit dated and limiting for my tastes.

I plan on spending no more than 2500 bucks for the purchase.

Can someone please make a few suggestions? Maybe, I don't even need to spend 2500? I did play around with a Korg Triton Le, however, I didn't think the piano sound is where it needed to be for my tastes.

Thanks all very much for your help.

Dave

#76087 - 03/12/05 12:31 PM Re: Best Synth For The Money ...
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
You should probably move this post over to one of the other forums for a better response, but for my 2 cents worth you have to be happy with what you get. If piano sounds are important don't buy anything that doesn't meet your expectations.
The Perfect Synth is the one your most happy with.

#76088 - 04/09/05 06:29 AM Re: Best Synth For The Money ...
warrens Offline

Loc: new jersey
I think having a chance to see and try the models is most important.Plan a day when you can sit down and find out how "user friendly" each one is. You will certainly be reading through the manual to understand the operations and all the options, but some synths are much easier and almost common sense than others. Find a dealer who will allow you to use the synth along with the manual so you can check out how easy or complicated it is to play,program, etc. Shopping out the price is the easy part.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online