SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#7581 - 02/21/03 05:05 AM Battle of the synth demos!
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
As I'm sure you know, many synths these days come with onboard factory preset demos. Some of the demos are crap and some of them are so impressive that it's hard to believe that they *really* came from the synth in question.

What would you say is the best sounding factory demo of a synth that you've heard so far?

And for a laugh, what would you nominate as the WORST demo you've heard?

To make this a fair, let's allow official downloadable demos from websites (such as the official Korg, Roland site... etc).

#7582 - 02/21/03 05:45 AM Re: Battle of the synth demos!
tekminus Offline

There was a demo called 'Omicron' for the Quasimidi Quasar, that was great back in 95. As you might remember, the Quasar was the first module aimed at dance/techno music. It's on the cover of Future Music 22(?). No link, sorry.

-tek

#7583 - 02/21/03 06:03 AM Re: Battle of the synth demos!
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Apart from the built in demos on my PSR-740 (which aren't too bad considering the limited amount of memory available), Yamaha do some really astounding XG demo midi files. You wouldn't believe that a keyboard could do all that stuff, though I must say that the high end Yamaha keyboards do contain the same chips as the "professional" XG synths. They must have some really outstanding musicians back at the ranch. The Tyros demos are particularly good - who needs a symphony orchestra now?

Bryan

#7584 - 02/21/03 11:15 AM Re: Battle of the synth demos!
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Ok. My nomination for the best factory demo goes to the Korg Z1 for a preset called "Z1 saves the day".

I searched everywhere trying to find a site with an audio demo available for download. I eventually found one at... http://www.korgfr.com/telechargement/MP3/Z1/z1-mp3.html

It's a German site, but if you click the second demo (they call it "Z saves the day"), then you'll be able to hear it.

[This message has been edited by Equalizer (edited 02-21-2003).]

#7585 - 02/21/03 04:01 PM Re: Battle of the synth demos!
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
Korg...Z1 indeed

Roland...v-SYNTH

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online