SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#7570 - 06/27/02 12:49 AM Dm pro and sound bridge
Marouf Offline

Sorry for the earlier post. I couldnt get through..

Anyways, I would like to know if anyone is using Alesis products especailly the sound bridge?

I purchased the DM PRO because I wanted to load my very own custom drum kits using sound bridge (wave file sampled sounds). I wrote Alesis before I bought their product and they told me I could do this.

Now that I read the manual, I don't see anything specific in regards to this. I don't want another CD player. I have sampled my own percussion sounds that I would like to assign a midi note number, load them on my DM PRO via sound bridge using PCMICA Flash cards and trigger them via my midi drum machine.

I am having a tough time getting through Tech support now that I have purchased their product. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Marouf

#7571 - 06/27/02 07:40 AM Re: Dm pro and sound bridge
tekminus Offline

Dear Marouf,

Killing silently is a tall order, but a quick look at an anatomy chart will show that the larynx is an easy enough target—providing you can make a stealthy submerged approach, sneak up on your victim, and catch him unaware. Once that's accomplished, grasp his hair as close to the scalp as you're able to and yank his head back while using your Ka-Bar combat knife to make a lateral cut across his throat. Make sure you sever both the carotid artery and jugular vein while piercing the windpipe, and press hard; the larynx is a tough, rubbery piece of tissue.

Only use this method, if everything else fails.

-tek

PS. It's taken from "Ask a navy seal" at theonion.com. Look in the archives

#7572 - 06/27/02 10:25 AM Re: Dm pro and sound bridge
Stalker Offline

Loc: Germany
tek, I do not think that this is really the answer Marouf expected to get, nor is it very helpful to get rid of his problem directly.

Sorry Marouf, I don't know any Alesis stuff by own experience!

#7573 - 06/29/02 09:55 AM Re: Dm pro and sound bridge
tekminus Offline

It is obvious he has been lied to. The only way to not lose face, is to get rid of the tech support team at Alesis. Honor demands it!

-tek

#7574 - 06/29/02 06:07 PM Re: Dm pro and sound bridge
Marouf Offline

Problems solved. Now i have my very own drum kits. It sounds very realistic. Thanks for your help guys....
Quote:
Originally posted by Marouf:
Sorry for the earlier post. I couldnt get through..

Anyways, I would like to know if anyone is using Alesis products especailly the sound bridge?

I purchased the DM PRO because I wanted to load my very own custom drum kits using sound bridge (wave file sampled sounds). I wrote Alesis before I bought their product and they told me I could do this.

Now that I read the manual, I don't see anything specific in regards to this. I don't want another CD player. I have sampled my own percussion sounds that I would like to assign a midi note number, load them on my DM PRO via sound bridge using PCMICA Flash cards and trigger them via my midi drum machine.

I am having a tough time getting through Tech support now that I have purchased their product. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Marouf

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online