SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7505 - 04/11/03 11:42 AM Lost Minimoog
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Guys,
Well it’s been eight weeks and still no sign of my minimoog. I have to consider the fact that, it may be lost forever. Either that or it is tied up in customs, because of this [CENSORED] war in Iraq, Political feelings aside. I have wanted a Minimoog for a very, very long time almost 13 years. I actually thought I had actually got one and was close to having one. But sadly it does not look like that is going to be the case. I am very unhappy about this, losing not only the minimoog but also being out $350.00. I am never going to buy anything over seas ever again off ebay. If I do it will only be from England or will be shipped via UPS. At least these people give you a tracking number automatically. I only ship via UPS when I sell on ebay. I prefer to have items that, I buy on ebay shipped the same way.

Well anyways I am going to look for some other synthesizer, maybe digital or a VA synth. If I find one that I want and can afford even if it is on ebay, it will be in the US only. Well except maybe England or Possibly Canada but that’s it.

#7506 - 04/11/03 12:07 PM Re: Lost Minimoog
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
Rule 1) Never buy from classifieds on the internet.

Rule 2) Never buy from anyone outside your contry.*

Either of these two circumstances usually = getting scammed.

* With an exception for U.S./Canada transactions.

#7507 - 04/11/03 12:21 PM Re: Lost Minimoog
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks cloakboy! It was actually a cancled ebay auction.

#7508 - 04/11/03 12:31 PM Re: Lost Minimoog
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
Cancelled? That's always trouble. Never buy off an ebay auction outside of that ebay auction. I guess that should be rule three.

#7509 - 04/11/03 10:07 PM Re: Lost Minimoog
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
Your still assuming it was sent at all . Have you contacted Ebay about his . You say cancelled , does that mean that someone backed out on a $350.00 MiniMoog ? That's a bad sign right there . I keep finding out more as this goes on . I submit that it was not sent , there is no proof that it was . You say that you are out $350.00 , does that mean that the person who cashed the money order will not refund it ? Do they even respond to you're emails ?

The main problem is
no proof it was even sent
$350.00 for a Minimoog , that does not happen
You can't even get a Micromoog for that much
Someone else cancells on a $350.00 Minimoog , Why ?

I suggest that you try to get you're money back . The whole thing of not having a tracking number is bull . The tracking number when scanned tells where it's from and where it's going . Especially when dealing with customs .
I think this person lied to you .

#7510 - 04/11/03 11:56 PM Re: Lost Minimoog
Anonymous
Unregistered

well there are two possiblites about the US Mail. Either they can not track it or they are un-willing to track it. A friend of mine told me then can but siad it is too time consumeing and most postal clerks would rather not bother. The number I have is an RR number which is only there for scanning not tracking. If I wanted a tracking number I would have paid for it. But the gentleman said that the Post office in Israel has not method for doing tracking. Not advanced enough I guess.

Yes he has responed too my emails and no it was not a check but cash instead. As for refund I am not sure yet. I emailed him recently and still waiting for a reply.

Ebay can not do anyhting if the transaction takes place outside of the confines of ebay. The Auction was back in January with a starting bid of $1.00. The reason why he canceld the auction was too many people with negative feedback. Who did not bother to email him that they had negative feedback. Which he had clearly stated in the auction. "Peolpe with negative feed back email me before placeing a bid" It was a day latter that he canceled it. It was not until February that he eamiled me and asked If I would be interested in it, and I said yes. We worekd out a deal and agreed on a price of $350.00 Which I thought was pretty good. So I wired him the money and the folowing day he shipped it out. Even sent me an email with the RR number. Of course the post office can not track it on there system, somethin about regeistered mail being non exsitent. I was told that sometimes it takes a while for mail form oversease to be delivered.

Plus he's not the type of person too lie especialy with a feedback rateing of 150 plus a tourquoise star on ebay. I'm still convinced that it maybe tied up in customs but then I have no way of knowing that.

800dv this is the US Mail we are talking about. Not UPS of FEDEX, but the mail. They do not give tracking numbers and they cannot track an RR number. Neither can the Israeli post office. If you want a tracking number it has to be purchased sperately. TH RR number is only a sacnning numbe for when the package is picked up for it's trip to the next postal truck or plane.

He canceld the auction and it was not $350.00. He gave me that price long after the auction was cancled and I was willing to pay it.

BTW why can't a minimoog cost $350.00. Mark Vail in his book Vintage Synthesizser list them between $300.00 and $1,000. I bought an ARP AXXE for $250.00 and an Omni for $150.00. I have even seen a minimoog go for $800.00 in a music store, even a micro for $400.00. I think it all depends on where you live and how much in demand these thing are. I have seen a Roland Juno-106 for $450.00. And a Juno-60 for $250.00. I have even come across digital synths for under $500.00. I had even bought a DX7IIFD for $500.00 and even had bought a Mirage DSK for $150.00. Only becuse I traded in the DX7IIFD for it. But did sell the mirage too. Only becuse I was not happy with it.

The only way I would be out $350.00 is if by May it is not here and he will not refund my money. That is how I would be out $350.00. I appologize if I did not make this clear earlier.

Ther is still the possiblity that it may turn up. But I am not holding my breath.

#7511 - 04/12/03 08:36 AM Re: Lost Minimoog
800dv Offline

The bad thing about Ebay feedback is that it means nothing . I bought a Yamaha CS-50 from a guy off of Ebay that had a rating over 200+ positive feedbacks .
He said it was in good condition and worked perfectly . When I got it , it had all of these modifications that looked like a 3 year old did it . Also it did not work at all , infact it was missing 2 Oscillator boards . He changed his ebay name , changed his email and that was the end of it .

According to a friend of mine ( who I used to work for ) He buys , sells and fixes Hammond organs , he said ANYTHING over 1/2 pound has a tracking number no matter where it's coming from .

Minimoogs haven't sold at all for $350.00 for over 10 years . The book is just an out of date guide line . Everywhere you see a Minimoog for sale it's $1100 or more . When they started to sell for $2000 there for a while , that permantly gained them a place over the grand mark .

Now that the Voyager is out , Minimoogs are even more valuable . $350.00 is a red flag .

The number that you were given is a hoax , according to my friend , when you mail a big package like that , a tracking number is always set it , you pay for it regardless if you want to or not .

He suggests that you get you're money back now . That's not me , this is a guy who ships to and receives from Japan , Canada , South America , China , Taiwan , Middle East , Africa , GreenLand ( once ) , and also over the US .

#7512 - 04/12/03 01:32 PM Re: Lost Minimoog
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok well I will see what I can do. I really wanted a minimmog but I guess that's not going to happen. I already gave up expecting to get that thing anyways.

Well I am going to look for something eles maybe more digital. The reason I wanted the minimoog was to give me something too do during the day. I really wish I had kept up playing the piano. The reason why I never kept up with it was it was too much work, or I just lost intrest. Part of the other problem was I wanted to just sit down a play a song that was in my head. But I can not translate form my head to the keyboard. Something in my mind prohibits that.

Basiclly I just want a synth to just mess around with. If I can get my money back, maybe I will look into an MS2000 or a JP-8000. I don't know yet still looking.

#7513 - 04/12/03 07:05 PM Re: Lost Minimoog
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am giving up all hope if ever getting my minimoog.

#7514 - 04/23/03 09:02 AM Re: Lost Minimoog
Anonymous
Unregistered

well it's now at 10 weeks and still no minimoog. I guess it really is lost forever now. Trying to find a replacement is going to be tough. I really wanted a minimoog, but with the demand for them and the high prices it's doubtfull I will ever own one.

I'm still looking for that right keybaord to suit me.

#7515 - 04/23/03 09:27 PM Re: Lost Minimoog
800dv Offline

Red Sound Darkstar XP-2 $199.99 .

#7516 - 05/01/03 12:02 PM Re: Lost Minimoog
Anonymous
Unregistered

well so much for my ever owning a minimoog synthesizer. It is now May 1 and I have not seen hide nor hare of it anywhere. I have tried several times to contact the guy but is email box had exceeded its quota limit and my emails keep coming back undeliverable.

Mind you this is very upseteing to me.

#7517 - 05/10/03 07:54 AM Re: Lost Minimoog
Anonymous
Unregistered

UPDATE! Well I got an email today from the guy who said he was going to refund my money.

#7518 - 05/10/03 10:56 AM Re: Lost Minimoog
800dv Offline

That's good ! Maybe you will not be out $350.00 after all .

#7519 - 06/04/03 09:32 AM Re: Lost Minimoog
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'll let you in on how I deal with Ebay deadbeaters. I track them down through resources on the internet; Local Phone listings, Search sites, etc. As long has you have some sort of name, address tidbit, email address, etc. Then I harass them to death and tell them I'm ready to get on a plane and collect my money in person (which is probably illegal).

I had a guy in Chicago take my money for a set of Pearl drums I won and paid for on Ebay. After 4 weeks; no email, no drums, no reply, nothing!!! Well, this set me into action and I became relentless getting this guy. I made it my life's mission. The guy left traces of his identity all over the internet. I was able to track down his home address, his business address. I called his neighbors, etc. The guy got so nervous that he finally relented and sent my refund using FedEx overnight delivery.

A week later, I purchased another set of drums on Ebay and they were delivered in 5 days in perfect shape! Go Figure?

I wouldn't let this guy get away with it, but that's just my nature. ;->
Al

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul-61:
UPDATE! Well I got an email today from the guy who said he was going to refund my money.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#7520 - 06/04/03 10:52 AM Re: Lost Minimoog
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still no refund, and I have sent him more emails. But still nothing.

#7521 - 06/04/03 11:01 AM Re: Lost Minimoog
tekminus Offline

Maaaan, you guys still talking about this?

-tek

PS. I've been busy with online games, mostly PlanetSide. They practically take up 33% of your life, so not much music being made here.

#7522 - 06/04/03 11:48 AM Re: Lost Minimoog
Anonymous
Unregistered

apparently not!

#7523 - 06/05/03 10:46 AM Re: Lost Minimoog
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want my money back or my minimoog!!! Please forgive me. I am just really PO'd at the moment for not getting my minimoog or my money refunded. Let's just say It will be a long time before I tust anyone again who is selling on ebay! For now I am not going to spend the money and buy a new synth. It is just not worth it, plus I am not in the mood.

If I do want a new synth I want it now not days or even weeks from now. I am not an unreasonable guy. I just don't like being taken advantage of.

Thank you for letting me vent my anger and frustration.

#7524 - 06/06/03 09:47 AM Re: Lost Minimoog
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guess what! I found the copy of the auction for the minimoog from ebay that I was suposed to have recived. Plus I still have the Western Union Money order recpit.

Not that they will do me any good now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online