SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#74380 - 01/25/00 09:34 PM Can I connect my PSR 620 to a PC?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been using a PSR 620 for the past 2 years and recently bought a computer. I want to connect my keyboard to the computer via MIDI to access some of the sounds built into my sound card.
I have a Creative PCI128 soundblaster. So far, I have been unable to find the right kind of cable to connect the keyboard to the gameport (which is the only MIDI I/O source on the card) I only have 5 pin DIN sockets on the keyboard. Is it possible for me to connect using my curent soundcard or do I have to get a better one? I'm looking at the SoundBlaster Live Platinum which has DIN sockets.
Another thing I heard was that I need special software drivers for the PSR 620 or the MIDI functions won't work correctly with programs like Cakewalk. Is this true? If so, where can I find these drivers?
Excuse me for sounding like a complete idiot, but computers are fairly new to me and it's all completely baffling...

#74381 - 01/26/00 05:24 AM Re: Can I connect my PSR 620 to a PC?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Raven
Normaly every soundcard supports midi in and midi out. To get your soundcard ready for midi you need a special cable that will be connected to the Joystick port . This cable will have then 2 DIN connecters (midi in /midi out)and one for the Joystick.
Most Computer store will have these typ of cables. In Switzerland it cost about Fr.20.-.
I do not know your Synthesizer so i can not tell anything about your driver question.
regards Mogli

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online