SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#74246 - 12/02/02 07:16 PM floppies on the PSR2k
runner50 Offline

Loc: Geneva
When inserting a floppy that has midi files on it, how is this done. I have tried and I cant seem to see the files. IM not sure if I doing it correctly.

Also, in order to play files with lyrics, are the lyrics embedded within the midi file or do they just have to be on the floppy as a txt file?

Mike F

#74247 - 12/02/02 09:54 PM Re: floppies on the PSR2k
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Press the top left-side button that appears next to NewSong on the display. Then press the "Next" page buttons on the right side of the display until you are on the floppy page (2 presses). There you will see all the MIDIs that are on your floppy disk. Push the button next to the one that you want to load.
The lyrics must be embedded in the MIDI file, not just a text file on the disk.
Tom G.
PS: Go to Joe Water's PSR2000 website to learn a huge amount about your keyboard. http://pages.prodigy.net/watersj/Yamaha2K/index.html

[This message has been edited by TomTomSF (edited 12-02-2002).]

#74248 - 12/03/02 03:45 AM Re: floppies on the PSR2k
Merwyn Samson Offline

Loc: India
After switching on the PSR2k, insert the floppy. You will find the 'New song' replaced by the midi file from your floppy. Press the button next to the file name. It will take you to the floppy drive area. You can use the Back Next Button on top of the right side of display.

In case you are not in the main screen or you insert floppy later on, press the Direct Access and Exit buttons to go the main screen and repeat the proceedure above.

LYRICS :
They are embedded in the midi file and there is no separate text file. If you are confident that the file is containing lyrics, then WHILE THE SONG IS PLAYING, press Direct Access and Exit and go to the main screen just press the LYRICS button, you will come to the lyrics page.

I may suggest, load the files with the extension filename.kar (or karoake files) they all contain lyrics

Regards,
Sam

Quote:
Originally posted by runner50:
When inserting a floppy that has midi files on it, how is this done. I have tried and I cant seem to see the files. IM not sure if I doing it correctly.

Also, in order to play files with lyrics, are the lyrics embedded within the midi file or do they just have to be on the floppy as a txt file?

Mike F

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online