SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#74241 - 11/19/04 06:47 AM MFC10 and PSR 2100
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi there,

I'm new on this forum so if I make any mistakes, I want apologize for that. I've read some topics about PSR 2000 and MFC10 and I'm wondering if somebody can help me out by setting up my MFC10 to work with my PSR? I was able to make some basic settings as mentioned on page 15 in the (MFC10) manual in 'section control'.
I'm also a newcomer in the amazing MIDI-world so, if you can help me out, please try to keep it as simple as possible.

Thanks very much,

Ron
The Netherlands

(Scott: sorry that I mailed you on you private mailadress, but still hope to hear from you!)

#74242 - 11/19/04 12:46 PM Re: MFC10 and PSR 2100
lacobo Offline

Loc: Hoofddorp, NH, the Nethelands
Quote:
Originally posted by cubase:
Hi there,

I'm new on this forum so if I make any mistakes, I want apologize for that. I've read some topics about PSR 2000 and MFC10 and I'm wondering if somebody can help me out by setting up my MFC10 to work with my PSR? I was able to make some basic settings as mentioned on page 15 in the (MFC10) manual in 'section control'.
I'm also a newcomer in the amazing MIDI-world so, if you can help me out, please try to keep it as simple as possible.

Thanks very much,

Ron
The Netherlands

Hi Ron,

Programming the MFC-10 isn't very hard. First change the midi channel to 15. To do this: press Memory edit and FC edit at the same time. Use inc or dec to change the number. Press Write/Exit followed by Inc/Yes.
Now Button 1. Let put here MainA+Break. Hit button 1, hit Memory edit, change the value to F0, hit Memory edit again, change the 2nd value to c17, hit Write/Exit followed by Inc/Yes.

Hit Button 2 and follow the above instructions from button 1.

I have the following functions programmed:

Button 1 Fill-In + Main A F0 c17
Button 2 Fill-In + Main B F0 c18
Button 3 Fill-In + Main C F0 c19
Button 4 Fill-In + Main D F0 c20
Button 5 Break F0 c25
Button 6 Main A F0 c09
Button 7 Main B F0 c10
Button 8 Main C F0 c11
Button 9 Main D F0 c12
Button 0 Break F0 c25

I don't use Starts or Endings (quite possible on the MFC-10) to reduce the risk of hitting the wrong button at the wrong time. Besides if the ending is near the left hand is capable enough to hit the right button on the keyboard itself.

For Harmony on/off I use a separate FC4
Sustain is handled by another FC4

Now only finding out how to program the expression pedal on the MFC-10

Hope this helps you a bit, or do you want to know something else?

Bert (from Holland as well).

#74243 - 11/19/04 11:40 PM Re: MFC10 and PSR 2100
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by lacobo:

Hi Ron,

Programming the MFC-10 isn't very hard. First change the midi channel to 15. To do this: press Memory edit and FC edit at the same time. Use inc or dec to change the number. Press Write/Exit followed by Inc/Yes.
Now Button 1. Let put here MainA+Break. Hit button 1, hit Memory edit, change the value to F0, hit Memory edit again, change the 2nd value to c17, hit Write/Exit followed by Inc/Yes.

Hit Button 2 and follow the above instructions from button 1.

I have the following functions programmed:

Button 1 Fill-In + Main A F0 c17
Button 2 Fill-In + Main B F0 c18
Button 3 Fill-In + Main C F0 c19
Button 4 Fill-In + Main D F0 c20
Button 5 Break F0 c25
Button 6 Main A F0 c09
Button 7 Main B F0 c10
Button 8 Main C F0 c11
Button 9 Main D F0 c12
Button 0 Break F0 c25

I don't use Starts or Endings (quite possible on the MFC-10) to reduce the risk of hitting the wrong button at the wrong time. Besides if the ending is near the left hand is capable enough to hit the right button on the keyboard itself.

For Harmony on/off I use a separate FC4
Sustain is handled by another FC4

Now only finding out how to program the expression pedal on the MFC-10

Hope this helps you a bit, or do you want to know something else?

Bert (from Holland as well).

Hi Bert,

thanks but I already have these registrations on the MFC. I just want to control more, like , (and variation), etc. Hope you can tell me how to do that. I write this in English because I find it rather inpolite to do it in Dutch. Maybe we can write each other on our e-mailadress, because I can express myself better in Dutch?

Ron

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online