SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#7394 - 03/18/02 09:00 PM Re: I'm feeling deep people...
Chris Attison Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY.

#7395 - 03/18/02 09:00 PM Re: I'm feeling deep people...
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. I believe that he is the One true God in the flesh. While other religions talk about God and claim that they represent God, Christ came to this earth and walked among us. He demonstrated his deity through his birth, life, miracles, crucifixion and resurrection. If you read 1 Corinthians chapter 15, you will find that christianity is based on the historicity of the death and resurrecton of Christ. If Christ truly died and rose physically, that means all his claims and all his teachings are true. Otherwise, they are false.

If somebody is interested in further reading about this, I recommend a book, Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. Or Evidence the demands verdict by Josh McDowell. Or Reasonable Faith by William Craig Lane.

I understand this is a music forum, so I want to respect this. If anyone is interested in further discussion with me, please email me.

#7396 - 03/18/02 09:45 PM Re: I'm feeling deep people...
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hey Chris,
Not to change the subject, But, "ROF-LOL " that animation is great, I don`t suppose it has any to do with jedi`s? __LOL, again, well I think this thread needed that! Thanks
jedi

#7397 - 03/18/02 09:53 PM Re: I'm feeling deep people...
Chris Attison Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY.
Nah, they arent lightsabers, but it would be cool if they came out with a version of darth and luke smilies doing something similar.

There are tons more of those animations at www.duhspot.com

#7398 - 03/18/02 11:41 PM Re: I'm feeling deep people...
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
Actually, I know I've seen some that have a Luke smiley face and a Darth Vader smiley face fighting... The Darth Vader one cuts the hand off the Luke one, then holds up a sign that says "Dad" and then the Luke one cries. Funny shit.

#7399 - 03/19/02 08:09 AM Re: I'm feeling deep people...
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hey Chris,
Cool site (takes long... to load-only dial-up here) are you a Mac user? If so what software do you use with your KB?
Thanks
jedi

#7400 - 03/27/02 11:06 AM Re: I'm feeling deep people...
desertmusician Offline

Loc: Yuma, AZ USA
Hey I don't know if you guys are changing the subject or what but I was reading this and WOW, I got scorched.

But I do have one thing to add. ABout all the 9-11 stuff and "if there's a God why did this happen" and "God works in mysterious ways".

Did it ever occur to anyone that not everything is God's fault? What if, in some situations, God isn't working mysteriously at all, it's just that some knucklehead decided to go screw things up? I know people are so used to thinking that God is in control, but after a while that turns into "God moving chess players around on a board", like we are just helpless little creatures that God is having a field day with.

I believe God is in control, but there is a balance. Even in the Bible, it clearly shows how God has given people a free will and many people have used their free will to screw up their own or someone else's life, AND IT WASN'T GOD'S FAULT at all.

Do you ever picture God, like I do, as banging his head against the wall because another idiot messed everything up again? "Okay, let's move on to plan W!"

So this is what I don't understand about atheists who use this as a reason to not believe in God (not that believing in God is the issue--the devil believes in God). They say that because bad things happen, God can't be real or he must be evil and just like to wreak havoc on the lives of his "chess pieces." I hope I clearly got across what I was trying to say.

------------------

#7401 - 03/27/02 12:24 PM Re: I'm feeling deep people...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
dm .... I think you expressed yourself quite well, and it can be summed up in two words "FREE WILL" ... God knows what He would LIKE for us to do, but has provided us with the knowledge of what is right or wrong and allows us to to make that decision ... I doubt that He is happy when we make the wrong one ( that's probably when He's looking to go to plan W !!!)
t.

#7402 - 03/28/02 12:22 PM Re: I'm feeling deep people...
desertmusician Offline

Loc: Yuma, AZ USA
EXACTLY!!!

------------------

#7403 - 03/30/02 04:50 AM Re: I'm feeling deep people...
Pierry Offline

Loc: Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Attison:
Nah, they arent lightsabers, but it would be cool if they came out with a version of darth and luke smilies doing something similar.

There are tons more of those animations at www.duhspot.com

Couldn't find animated ones...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online