SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73947 - 11/13/01 03:32 AM Sw1000Xg's effects in Logic Audio?
Event Offline

Loc: Finland
Can I assing the sw1000xg's effects directly to audio -or miditracks in Logic Audio, like it can be done on XGworks...? And how?? I have read that it's possible to do so... in order to use realtime-effects with just a little CPU power...

#73948 - 11/13/01 08:14 AM Re: Sw1000Xg's effects in Logic Audio?
DMC Offline

Loc: NY City
Quote:
Originally posted by Event:
Can I assing(assign?) the sw1000xg's effects directly to audio -or miditracks in Logic Audio, like it can be done on XGworks...? And how?? I have read that it's possible to do so... in order to use realtime-effects with just a little CPU power...

YES YOU CAN. i dont use logic but you can get environments for it at the www.xgfactory.com site. Also, you can always run XGEdit along side of Logic.See the advanced users guide at site mentioned above for more info. Note* the AD section(and the entire card for that matter)can be controlled by midi. So you can insert the appropriate midi data into any midi sequence/sequencer(just copy from XGworks). Also correction, real-time effects use NO cpu power, ALL effects processing is done on the sw1000xg. That leaves all the CPU power for the GUI.

Hope this helps,
DudeManCentral

#73949 - 11/15/01 05:05 AM Re: Sw1000Xg's effects in Logic Audio?
Event Offline

Thanks DMC,
Maybe I should first get hold on to a Logic users .Pdf file or something... its kinda tricky to use, I mean compared to Cakewalk. Mainly I have problems with the Hubis Loopback and XGedit... using them with Logic. I just can't figure the Logic's midi in and outports... (it's much simple in Cake) though... I'm very interested of useing Logic,... so...

#73950 - 11/16/01 08:05 AM Re: Sw1000Xg's effects in Logic Audio?
DMC Offline

Quote:
. Mainly I have problems with the Hubis Loopback and XGedit... using them with Logic. I just can't figure the Logic's midi in and outports...

In logic assign:
midi in -> sw1000xg midi in
midi out -> sw1000xg synth #1 (or #2)

In XGEdit assign:
midi in -> none (this is what may be causing your problem)The midi "IN" is NOT multi-client. Data will still be played through logic which in this setup uses the same synth,(or vise versa).
midi out -> SW1000XG synth #1 (or #2, but same as Logic midi out)

This is probably the most common problem users tend to have using Hubis. Also, there is a good section on this in the Advanced users guide at the XGFactory site(mentioned previously). Also, make sure you have an updated driver -> http://www.xgfactory.com/HTML/comp/drivers/driv_f.htm

Good Luck,
DudeManCentral

[This message has been edited by DMC (edited 11-16-2001).]

#73951 - 11/16/01 08:21 AM Re: Sw1000Xg's effects in Logic Audio?
DMC Offline

Heres a link to the SW1000XG's users group and forum. They have alot of good resources there... http://www.morle.com/sw1000xg/main.jsp

DMC

#73952 - 12/02/01 02:23 AM Re: Sw1000Xg's effects in Logic Audio?
Event Offline

Hello again.

How about using my JV-1010 module with cakewalk and XGedit?? I'v tried to switch off the channel in XGedit, In order to use some of the JV sounds. But still I hear both sounds over one another, JV-1010 and SW1000XG. As if the XGedit won't let me use any other singnals comeing thru... smirk

#73953 - 12/04/01 07:50 AM Re: Sw1000Xg's effects in Logic Audio?
DMC Offline

Quote:
Hello again.

How about using my JV-1010 module with cakewalk and XGedit?? I'v tried to switch off the channel in XGedit, In order to use some of the JV sounds. But still I hear both sounds over one another, JV-1010 and SW1000XG. As if the XGedit won't let me use any other singnals comeing thru... smirk

Make sure you have assigned the ports correctly in Cakewalk. Im not sure about running xgedit w/jv-1010, thats SG midi isn't it? maybe try SGEdit(from the same guy whom makes XGEdit)-> http://www.yme.co.uk/yme/

DudeManCentral

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online