SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73625 - 12/11/02 08:48 PM Recording an audio from Yamaha EX 7 to PC
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello everybody
Maybe somebody can give me advise about it(accept of recording it thru line in of my souncard(got SB Audigy)
Is there any adapters from SCSI to USB for Example or wHatether?????????

------------------
Panki Xoj!!!!

#73626 - 12/12/02 06:14 AM Re: Recording an audio from Yamaha EX 7 to PC
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
the best way to record WAV files directly from your keyboard to your computer is via the line in on your sound card. You can find detailed instructions how to do this at http://pages.prodigy.net/watersj/Yamaha2K/index.html . If you want to record midi files, you'll need an adapter cable that connects through your joystick connector and midi cables. The adapter is available at most music stores.

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#73627 - 12/12/02 06:32 AM Re: Recording an audio from Yamaha EX 7 to PC
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK but I need no noize At All!!!!
I want it DIGITALLLL

[This message has been edited by Gluba (edited 12-12-2002).]

#73628 - 12/12/02 06:59 AM Re: Recording an audio from Yamaha EX 7 to PC
DMC Offline

Loc: NY City
The ex7 does not have analog to digital converter on-board which means it does not have a digital out as is. Yamaha offers a optional digital output card for the ex7, it is the EXDG01 Digital output board. BUT, you'll obviously need a sound card with a digital input or an outboard unit that has a digital input. Otherwise you are stuck with the analog outs. I think Yamaha might also offer a Firewire(or mLAN as yamaha calls it) board as well, which might also do the A/D conversion. Im not too sure about that option, you'll have to check....

Hope this helps,
DudeManCentral

Quote:
Originally posted by Gluba:
[b]OK but I need no noize At All!!!!
I want it DIGITALLLL
b]

[This message has been edited by DMC (edited 12-12-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online