SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73288 - 10/03/02 01:30 AM Yamaha PSR 2000
riva Offline

Loc: Betar Ilite, Israel
Just trying to figure out how to use a few features on my new Yamaha PSR 2000 -manual not so easy.
Firstly, to quick record, it says to press: "rec and Top" (nothing seems to happen).
2. I managed to get the song recorded to workspace, but how do I get it unto a disk?
3.When I recorded my song to workspace using the multi record, I turned on all the channels to get the (auto) with my voice. Of course, I got everything, but then I wanted to add another to parts (instruments), and I couldn't figure out what's on all the tracks, and where there is an available track to record more (plus how).

#73289 - 11/21/02 02:03 AM Re: Yamaha PSR 2000
Merwyn Samson Offline

Loc: India
Hi,

Firstly, to quick record, it says to press: "rec and Top" (nothing seems to happen).

QUICK RECORDING:
HERE YOU PRESS REC+TOP+TRACK1+EXTRA TRACKS. PRESS ACCOMP. ON; SYNC START ON THEN START RECORDING. AFTER RECORDING, PRESS REC AGAIN TO STOP RECORDING. ALL RED LIGHTS WILL GO OFF IN SONG SECTION. PRESS TOP, PRESS PLAY. YOU WILL HEAR PLAYBACK OF YOUR SONG.

3.When I recorded my song to workspace using the multi record, I turned on all the channels to get the (auto) with my voice. Of course, I got everything, but then I wanted to add another to parts (instruments), and I couldn't figure out what's on all the tracks, and where there is an available track to record more (plus how). [/B][/QUOTE]

MULTI RECORDING:
PRESS REC+TOP+BUTTON-1 (NEXT TO BALANCE)A SMALL MENU WILL POP UP PRESS ENTER (NEXT TO DATA DIAL) FOR EVERY ITEM IN THE MENU. IF YOU WANT MORE OPTIONS, PRESS C AND D BUTTONS ALSO. IT WILL SHOW WHAT IS STORED IN WHAT CHANNEL. IT GETS ALLOTTED TO THE VARIOUS CHANNELS. PRESS ACCOMP. ON, PRESS SYNC.START ON - GO AHEAD RECORD.

REST SAME AS ABOVE FOR PLAYBACK.

2. I managed to get the song recorded to workspace, but how do I get it unto a disk?

PUT FLOPPY IN FLOPPY DRIVE.
GO TO THE 'WORKSPACE' AND SELECT THE SONG FIRST. IF IT STARTS PLAYBACK, STOP PLAYBACK. PRESS COPY BUTTON BELOW DISPLAY. USING BACK-NEXT BUTTON, GO TO FLOPPY DRIVE. PRESS PASTE BUTTON. SIMPLE AS THAT.

I think, I have answered your questions

#73290 - 11/21/02 02:31 AM Re: Yamaha PSR 2000
riva Offline

WOW! THANKS-Merwyn.

#73291 - 11/23/02 08:28 AM Re: Yamaha PSR 2000
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi Riva,

Try this page for loads of info about your new psr2000.
http://pages.prodigy.net/watersj/Yamaha2K/index.html

I gave it to Merwyn too in his thread but just in case you diddnt catch it thought I would post it here too.

Like I said to Merwyn, pop in to the general Arranger forum. It has a lot more prople in there and most of the yamaha people hang out there too. This forum does not get used as much so you may find that your questions get answered a lot quicker in the GA forum.

Best wishes to you and hope you are enjoying your 2000.
Tony W

#73292 - 11/24/02 12:51 AM Re: Yamaha PSR 2000
riva Offline

GREAT TONY-THANKS LOADS!
-RIVA

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online