SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7322 - 12/22/03 09:41 AM What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I once paid $40.00 for a Korg poly 800 from a Pawn shop.

#7323 - 12/22/03 10:08 AM Re: What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
$0.00000
For my Pro5, 03R/W, JD990 and K2500 (which don't have anymore).
They were gifts.

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 12-22-2003).]

#7324 - 12/23/03 08:27 PM Re: What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Free huh? Yea, like anyone in my family would ever buy me a keyboard.

#7325 - 12/23/03 11:01 PM Re: What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Well, I don't think that my family would buy me a keyboard either.
The Pro 5 used to belong to my friend. He got rid of a lot of his old gear, when he was mooving to California. So he gave me his Pro 5 'cause he didn't need it. I even offerd to pay, but he wouldn't take the money...

The K2500 wasn't free-free. It was more of a payment thing. I did an album with the guy and by the end of the project he ran out of money (his company went bye-bye). So I gladly took one of his K2500s. I got rid of it shortly after.

An 03R/W was given to me by my cousin. He is more into arranger boards and so an 03R/W isn't something he needs. I had a difficult time trying to figure out WHY he bought it in the first place...I know that he knows that I RELLY like KORG stuff, so I suspect it was a true gift. So I guess, my family did by me a synth after all...
I like that box. It's like my 01/Ws, but smaller (1U rack) and simpler.

Paul, I would gladly give you one of my boeards. I just don't think you need any of them. They are OLD. I use them 'cause It's possible to still make them sound good with plug-ins and high-end FX.

-ED-

#7326 - 12/24/03 04:19 AM Re: What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's okay Ed, thanks for the offer, but I think I will save up to buy the Karma. although I still want a minimoog.

#7327 - 12/24/03 09:47 AM Re: What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
Sanvean Offline

Loc: UK
Hey Paul you will never be happy with any keyboard other than your precious Mini. I am telling you now that buying a Karma will not fulfill your needs. The Karma has a very steep learning curve or so I am led to believe from the reviews. I do not think that you will be satisfied with the sounds it will produce.

You tend to change the way your wind blows far too often, I would recommend you save and save until you eventually have enough for your Holy Grail Synth.
Just my two cent worth considering we have had [or read about] this discussion far too often in past threads..

#7328 - 12/26/03 02:55 AM Re: What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Juniors right.(no disrespect intended Sanvean)
Karma was a consideration of mine at one time. But the end didn't justify the means, and it couldn't even make it to the end goal. I was "beyond parameter".I guess my SH-7 lives where it will not and cannot go then. Too much piddelydiddely on the way to a (beyond parameter) sound it was not capable of too. Turn Key ability I thought sucked, and I was having a good day that day too. LOL The Waldorf Big yellow Q then completely blew it's brains out with just a wandering left hand only LOL but it was an accident. All I can say is that if there's two keyboards that don't like each other, they shouldn't place them so close together! LOL
MORPH!
Edit:
oops...forgot the post hehe
Other than zero dollars. From Larry Desgains in Highschool I got my Sonic 6 for 15 bucks and a couple of joints

[This message has been edited by Morphamatik (edited 12-26-2003).]

#7329 - 12/26/03 09:55 AM Re: What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
DJWhite Offline

Loc: Birmingham, UK
£ 50 for a Yamaha AN1x
£ 60 for a Yamaha DX9 (One of a kind - green)
£ 60 for a Kawai K3m

#7330 - 01/01/04 08:41 PM Re: What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
Clif Anderson Offline

The Karma is not hard to use and is alot of fun. There is a steep learning curve for programming GEs, but most users don't bother. Since it is a ROMpler with a MOSS expansion option, there is plenty of sound-design territory to explore as well.

#7331 - 01/02/04 08:18 PM Re: What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actualy cliff I bought a juno 106 instead.

#7332 - 01/31/04 09:51 AM Re: What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
phollop willing pa Offline

Loc: canada
Arp Solus $50 CDN

#7333 - 01/31/04 10:47 AM Re: What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I paid £30 for a small Casio 30 years ago. At that time I wanted to start to read music and being a rep on the road staying away in hotels this was ideal to throw in the boot (trunk) with my luggage. It travel all over the UK with me.

Graham UK

#7334 - 01/31/04 02:48 PM Re: What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
DJWhite Offline

Loc: Birmingham, UK
I've just paid £35 for an Akai X-7000!!!

#7335 - 02/01/04 04:46 AM Re: What is the cheapest price that you have ever paid for a keyboard?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I got a Casio CZ1000 in good working condition for $0

Because the guy wanted to get rid of it and knew I ran the "Synth Zone" site gave to me through a mutual friend. Can't beat the price and I'll always gratefully accept an electronic keyboard.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online