SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73071 - 04/15/00 06:53 PM WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET...RM1x, DJX, MC-307, JX-305, XP-30 or JV-50?? PLEASE HELP!!!
OllieJ Offline

Loc: California
Here's the deal guys. I'm an aspiring, beginner "music maker" (rap,hip-hop, pop, light-dance type stuff) and I'm looking for the best machine to fit my style. Before I go any further, I should say that I'm looking to spend $500.00 or less but if I find an INCREDIBLE deal on something I think I can go as high as $600.00 (if absolute need be)! Anyway, I've recently purchased a used VS-880EX and I'm looking for something on which to create my music. Originally I was focusing my search on drum machines but now I realize that I may need something more "well-rounded" (in terms of variety of sounds) I think I've disregarded the BOSS DR-202 and the ROLAND MC-303 and have somewhat norrowed my search down to one of these... YAMAHA DJX, RM1x, ROLAND MC-307, XP-30, JX-305 or JV-50. (all used of course and some, like the MC-307, the XP-30 and the JX-305 I might as well scratch off the list as they're most likely out of my price range)
Being a beginner though, I'm not sure exactly what I need. However, I'm assuming I need a workstation instead of strictly a synth because I need an onboard sequencer? (which I have no idea how to use nor do I have any idea how to program a beat or even what MIDI is!) Anyway, as you can tell I've got a LONG way to go but nonetheless I'm extremely determined to find the right machine and ultimately create some amazing songs! Anyway, I won't take up anymore of your time but any possible advice would be incredibly appreciated. Once again, I apologize for writing so much, thanks so very much in advance and take care everyone!!

ollie
o.jolis@worldnet.att.net

#73072 - 04/26/00 10:47 AM Re: WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET...RM1x, DJX, MC-307, JX-305, XP-30 or JV-50?? PLEASE HELP!!!
KEVIN1979 Offline

Loc: HOLLAND
Maybe you can take a look at the boss dr 202.
This is a drumcomputer with a bass synth.
It also got a 3 track seqencer.
For the drums, the bassline and a external device, sampler, synt etc etc.
It was my first machine, and i love him.

He has got real time control and fx.
And, it runs with batery's, so you can take him with you to the beach.
The price is about fl.850,-(400 us $)

Hope i helped you.

#73073 - 04/28/00 04:35 AM Re: WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET...RM1x, DJX, MC-307, JX-305, XP-30 or JV-50?? PLEASE HELP!!!
Korgasm Offline

Loc: Australia
Look for 2nd hand bargains. If you need a sequencer mabey consider finding an old Atari ST computer with a copy of Cubase or Notator and hook up a cheapish sound module to that. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online