SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#730 - 09/08/02 04:42 PM Beginner's Keyboards and Controllers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, everyone!

I'm trying to set up a cheap synth rig. I purchased a Yamaha TG-33 (it'll arrive in the mail next week), and bought my friend's copies of Propellerhead's Rebirth and Release (both of which rock). What I'm trying to find is an el cheapo 76 or 88 key keyboard, and a device with lots of knobs and sliders. I don't care what kinds of sounds it has, because the Yamaha and PC will be generating them all. I guess I need something that's velocity and aftertouch sensitive.

Also, I worked on a Korg MS2000 and really liked what I could do with its built-in appregiator. Is there a keyboard or module add-on I could use to get some neato appregiatng effects?

I'm a poor college student, so keeping it under $400 would be very nice. I don't care if they're new or not, I'll prolly be looking on ebay.

#731 - 09/17/02 01:26 AM Re: Beginner's Keyboards and Controllers
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
A Fatar SL-990 is probably about the cheapest 88 key controller you can find. It has a great weighted hammer action and is only $499 new so you could probably find one cheaper used. If you want aftertouch and more onboard control then go for the Fatar SL-1100

But you will have to buy a MIDI control surface for extra sliders & knobs. You won't find slider/knob controls plus 76+ keys for under $400.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online