SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72896 - 08/17/05 03:57 AM Yamaha PSR230
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi,
I have just obtained for my grandson, a Yamaha PSR 230, complete with the user manual but have a small problem.
Having set up the Accompaniment split point(s) and selected the 'Fingered' mode for left hand, appropriate accompaniment volume, voices etc. when the accompaniment is started, using synchro start and holding a chord, only the drums are sounding. There are generally no chord voices or bass pattern sounding. It is as if the 'Chord Cancel Function' (bottom of Page 25 in the manual) is active ?? The procedure described on Page 25 indicates how to turn off the Chord accompaniment, using three adjacent keys, but nowhere can I find any reference to turning it back on........
This problem does not occur every time - having got the Chord / Bass Accompaniment pattern to play, if I press the Start/Stop button, change a voice in the right hand, or the voice below split point 1, when the Auto Accompaniment is started again, on most occasions, only the drums sound.

I've read through the appropriate parts of the manual several times but can't find a solution to the problem. I feel sure that I'm missing something fairly basic here, but just can't put my finger on it.......

Incidentally, the built-in demo works fine.

I am familiar with arranger keyboards having owned several Technics models and currently have a KN7000.

I would really appreciate any help

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#72897 - 08/17/05 07:21 AM Re: Yamaha PSR230
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
There is a DICUSSION FORUM here http://www.yamaha-club.co.uk/ Suggest you put the question to Steve Marsden Yamaha who does answer question on this UK Forum.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 08-17-2005).]

#72898 - 08/17/05 04:01 PM Re: Yamaha PSR230
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Thank Graham - I'll try posting there.

Cheers

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online