SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72739 - 06/30/99 10:56 PM help!!!!!!!!! !
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've always wanted a keyboard and I can finally get one. I'm looking for one around 250 CAD. I don't really need a song bank, but although I'm a begginer I don't want a begginer's keyboard( lighted up keys or anything like that although an LCD finger guide would be nice) I can play the violin pretty well so I know all my notes. I would like something with a mixer. Please help me and send any suggestions through the reply thing.

Thanks for reading this far

#72740 - 07/14/99 02:41 PM Re: help!!!!!!!!! !
WreckStep Offline

Loc: Cleveland, OH USA
well, it all really depends on what you want to do, but a friend of mine got his starts with an ensoniq mirage. Those things are very cheap now $150-300??, and it's a sampler... wowie! he ended up cutting his first CD with his mirage and a kawai x5 drum machine

#72741 - 07/15/99 09:03 PM Re: help!!!!!!!!! !
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
It really depends on the type of music you do . You could get an older analogue YAMAHA CS-50 , CS-60 , or the SK-15,SK-30 . The CS series are polyphonic analogue synths and the SK series are basically string machines with some limited synth and organ controlls as well . If you want something more recent , you might try a YAMAHA SY-22 or SY-35 . The larger more feature packed SY series are exspensive. But mixers in a keyboard is not that typical unless it has something to do with it's sound editing facilities. If it doesn't have to be YAMAHA , you can get an old ROLAND JUNO-6 or JUNO-60 for CHEAP (80s analogue polyphonics ) or a KAWAI K-3 or K-5 are also very nice and feature packed and inexspensive .

#72742 - 08/12/99 08:27 PM Re: help!!!!!!!!! !
REMIXER Offline

Loc: Culemborg, Gelderland, The Net...
If you are into house dance r&b etc. I can reccomend you the CS 1x control synth. It's price has reduced because yamaha has a follow up: the CS 2x synth. I have one, and I make all my remixes with it, some of them are for sale on CD, so....

#72743 - 08/23/99 09:57 AM Re: help!!!!!!!!! !
DanielClark Offline

Loc: Alcester,Warwickshire,UK
Get An Old Analogue Monster Like a DX21 You Will Learn A lot about sound programming then.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online