SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72478 - 01/12/01 03:41 AM Midi Problems with YAMAHA DJX II
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello everybody,
I can't transfer midi information from my keyboard (Yamaha DJX II) to my PC. Can it be a software configuration problem? do i need a midi interface? Is my keyboard able to produce midi data for a computer?. I am really desperate...please help!!! Thank you very much.

------------------

#72479 - 01/12/01 07:31 AM Re: Midi Problems with YAMAHA DJX II
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Rachel-
At the back of your manual there is a midi implementation sheet. This will tell you what the instrument CAN & CANNOT do. Check "midi transmit" to see if the unit sends midi data. It may not.

#72480 - 01/12/01 05:05 PM Re: Midi Problems with YAMAHA DJX II
Bojan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rachel:
Hello everybody,
I can't transfer midi information from my keyboard (Yamaha DJX II) to my PC. Can it be a software configuration problem? do i need a midi interface? Is my keyboard able to produce midi data for a computer?. I am really desperate...please help!!! Thank you very much.

DJX-II does NOT transmit ANY MIDI OUT information, except clock and bulk dump (you can record your performance to it's internal recorder, and then transmit it to your computer with pattern launcher program). This is quite a drawback, when compared to the forst DJX, which had complete MIDI in and OUT implementation.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online