SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72270 - 12/30/01 02:36 AM yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ?
guillermo Offline

Loc: spain
hello musicians ,
please help me for I have a problem ,and I cannot find the solution for it .
there we go :
one week ago I bought a yamaha 9000 pro .a perfect instrument .I am very satisfied about it .
I made a connection with my pc by connecting midi out and midi in at the yamaha side and the joystick connection at the pc side.
put the "host select "of the yamaha on "midi a " and it is working perfect , so when I am playing on my yamaha I can see the notes in sequences programs as band in a box and cakewalk a.s.o.
but..... after that I bought a computer HOST connection in my music store, and I downloaded the CBX serial port driver and the instruction for all the connections between the keyboard and the pc from the yamaha webpage of the u.k.
I made a connection with the host connection between the yamaha 9000 ,« selected :PC1» and the COM 1 of the pc and started the yamaha and the pc .
After that : the result is ZERO !
first : it was impossible to install the CBX driver .
I got the message :"setup is unable to find _SETUP.DLL_which is needed to complete the installation . error 103 ."
second : when I was going to the configuration of my COM 1, I really do not know what to choose behind DATA TRANSPORT : Xon/Xoff ,Hardware or "nothing ".
I really do not know what to do there to make the right connection for that COM 1 .
so , is there anyone who can help me what to do , step by step, to install the driver and to make a right connection between the 9000 pro and the pc ?
william .

#72271 - 12/30/01 11:17 AM Re: yamaha 9000 pro and the to host connection : a problem ?
Fastboy Offline

Loc: dutchland
I own a Yamaha CS2x, and decided to utilize the TO HOST port. Connect the cable to the synth, and the other end to your COM1 port.

After this I downloaded from Yamaha's page the CBX driver, which installed very easy. The error you get is unknown to me, since the install package was only one file.

Leave the COM port settings alone, you only have to select in the CONFIG SCREEN at the option MULTIMEDIA or SOUND CONFIG that you wish to use the CBX driver for MIDI.

Don't forget to set this driver in your music programs as well !

Set the switch on the back of the synth to PC-2 or PC-1 and let's play !!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online