SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72049 - 07/01/00 10:54 AM searchin SY Manager's *dat files
Anonymous
Unregistered

hallo everybody,

it's quite common that sy77 disk drive brokes, isn't it?
i've got no money to repair and i think the only way to reach new sound is to send them from sy manager that supports only strange *dat files (and i can't convert sy 77 format to *dat!!!). Anyone have got any of these?
thank yo very much

ste

#72050 - 07/23/00 10:19 AM Re: searchin SY Manager's *dat files
Anonymous
Unregistered

SYCONV available from:http://www.neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/ini/PEOPLE/heja/sy-computing.html
will convert a .txx file to a midi sysex file that can be used with SYManager.

#72051 - 07/24/00 06:18 AM Re: searchin SY Manager's *dat files
WhiteNoise Offline

Ste,

It is a common thing right now (11 years old) for the SY77 disk drive to break but in every case I've heard of, it is the belt that turns the drive that is worn out. It eventually gets too slick and just starts slipping. You can replace it for under $10 dollars if you're willing to do the work yourself. Do a search on this board for "WhiteNoise". I have an earlier post with instructions on how to do it.

Also the SYCONV file will only convert the Voice part of the ALL DATA file to sysex. I could not get it to convert the actual sequencer data. So if you have any song on disk, you won't be able to convert them with this file.

Once you get your drive back up, then you should convert all your txx files into sysex just in case your drive has more severe problems one day that you cannot fix.

#72052 - 07/24/00 11:51 AM Re: searchin SY Manager's *dat files
Nonsense Offline

Loc: Russia
I have a suggestion. There is another cure from broken drive. Having an SY77 you have an excellent synth. So why don't you try to make sound by yourself and save them on PC?!And make that .DAT files?!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online