SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72028 - 07/06/01 06:02 AM EX5 and SCSI
bigfaceboy Offline

Loc: Chuangchun, Jilin, China
My EX5 has a internal HDD just like A3000, and I want to transfer a 8MB EX5 file to the HDD.Does anybody know how to transfer a large EX5 file using ASIB1 and PC?

I have a 2920 SCSI adapter, the adapter has found EX5 as a disk drive, but there is no new drive in My Computer.

#72029 - 07/06/01 07:11 AM Re: EX5 and SCSI
DMaxJ Offline

Loc: Little Rock, AR, USA
If your PC picks up the HDD then just copy the file to the HDD once your PC is completely booted... You EX's HDD should show up in EXPLORER. If this does not work the you may have to SMDI dump you sample to you EX5's RAM first.... Then you can save to your HDD.

Peace

#72030 - 07/08/01 06:35 PM Re: EX5 and SCSI
bigfaceboy Offline

Loc: Chuangchun, Jilin, China
The file is a .S1A file, it isn't a wave or sample file. I can see the EX's HDD in My Computer but there is nothing in it! It only shows that the drive is 1G and use about 77MB, but I can't see any files or directories. I try to format the disk on my PC, and copy files to the HDD, but EX5 doesn't recognize the HDD until EX5 format it? Doesn't the EX's HDD using a FAT file system?

#72031 - 07/11/01 09:58 AM Re: EX5 and SCSI
DMaxJ Offline

Loc: Little Rock, AR, USA
Okay, you must format the HDD from the EX first... The PC will still be able to use it the HD...

Next copy your s1m file over to the HDD in the EX...

When you go to load the file from the EX, the EX may not see the file yet, so when you load toggle to your floppy drive first, then toggle back to the HD and the s1m file should be seen by the EX...

Proceed to load it into RAM.

Let me know how it works.

Peace

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online