SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#7190 - 04/30/03 02:18 AM Re: PC vs MAC - What's the best notebook for working with Audio and Midi?
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
In my opinion this entire conversation is about two years out of date.

The fact of the matter is that modern computers are now so powerful that are able to handle music making programs with no trouble at all.

#7191 - 04/30/03 03:15 AM Re: PC vs MAC - What's the best notebook for working with Audio and Midi?
Jiddu Offline

Loc: Australia
computers will always be limiting.

#7192 - 05/01/03 08:30 AM Re: PC vs MAC - What's the best notebook for working with Audio and Midi?
MRT1212 Offline

Loc: Foster City
limiting how jiddu?

#7193 - 05/06/03 01:16 AM Re: PC vs MAC - What's the best notebook for working with Audio and Midi?
Jiddu Offline

Loc: Australia
I read an article on top composers and how they produce their music. It listed some names and their setups. It wasn't out of the ordinary for them to be using 32 hardware samplers with full memory upgrades in sync to represent an orchestra. 32!! Try running that as a software setup.

But this is an extreme case you say? Well if I could run 18 FM7's, fully decked with Cubase FX over the top and Reason and Audio tracks in cubase I would do it. Fact is I cant. And in 5 years I may be able to do that, but in 5 years FM7 wont be cutting edge, some new software synth will have taken its place that will be as demanding on the new machines as the ones now are on present hardware.

Computers will always be limiting in ProAudio because people will always find ways to push them to their limits, hence making them limiting.

Thats why I think EQ is wrong.

PS I am probably hi off floor varnish as we are getting our floorboards redone and the fumes are pungent... hope my post wasnt loopy.
heh now whos sniffing glue WOOOOOPS!!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online