Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#71729 - 08/29/03 12:17 PM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
talkbox_master Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio, USa
Quote:
Originally posted by danb:
Now I know that he used talkbox to create that sound. I am still confused on creating those harmony in live situation. It is easier for the vocoder to obtain harmony. How can you obtain harmony using single voice in live using talkbox by only one performer? Many thanks.

What you are hearing is PRE-RECORDED vocals... played along with Roger's lead vocal during a performance. So, if you want that sound live, you're going to have to pre-record your vocals doing harmonies...

#71730 - 12/27/03 04:19 AM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sup this is Gee, I really want to get into playin the talkbox, but I live in new zealand & don't know where to find the right equipment, could you please help me

#71731 - 12/27/03 04:25 AM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
talkbox_master Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio, USa
I can help you out on that. Send your questions to zappb4roger@aol.com.

[This message has been edited by talkbox_master (edited 12-27-2003).]

#71732 - 01/01/04 12:33 PM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, Could you tell me what the differences are between the Heil Talk Box and the EH Golden Throat and why Roger Troutman preferred using the Golden Throat?

#71733 - 01/08/04 09:43 AM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got all the stuff I need to get started I just need the dx 100 settings can you help me please

------------------

#71734 - 02/18/04 10:11 AM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all, just wanted to let you all know that I got my talk box made by one of Zapp's members ( Bigg Robb )I had a chance to speak with some of the bands members twice in 2003. Those are some very down to earth brothers! Bigg Robb sells the talk boxes, and they are the same as the one's Roger made, but he calls it the (Robb Box)If anyone is interested in one contact via e-mail, and I'll give Bigg Robb a call or do a search on the webb for:BiggRobb of zapp/roger: you should be able to pull up his website. Also so search www.zapptown.com

KDFUNK

#71735 - 03/04/04 03:42 AM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

The talkboxes Bigg Robb make aren't very good on a visual level, I've heard some bad stories about people being disappointed when they recieved their talkbox from him. First, it's a cardboard box, wrapped in black electrical tape, the vinyl tube is attached but if you want to change the tube you have to go through a lot of that tape to get to the end and it smelled like it was in someone's attic for years... very smelly. The sound is to crisp and very high.

One guy even paid $350 for his robboxx and wanted to through it away after seeing it and hearing it. Another guy said he wasted his $220 on it and trashed it. So I don't know about purchasing his talkboxes if these people and others are complaining about it's sound and appearance.

So, my thumb is down on getting one.

#71736 - 11/07/04 02:31 AM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

talkbox master, are still about? i got some questions about the talkbox etc

#71737 - 11/11/04 02:42 AM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

kmxe... contact my email...this is talkbox_master. Just contact the email with this profile.

#71738 - 01/26/05 02:28 AM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dose anyone still have that "Roger" patch to get the correct sound for the Talkbox? If so, please email one to DiggyDreRecordz@aol.com that would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online