SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#71739 - 05/30/07 10:09 AM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, talkbox_master, could you please share the exact parameter of Roger's? That would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

#71740 - 05/31/07 11:04 AM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
If I had to guess, Roger used the famous 4-0perator yamaha patch "Sync Lead," perhaps tailored a bit with his own portamento settings and such.

DX=100's are going for "crazy stupid money" these days, so might I suggest the Tx81z.

The voice archetechture is a lot cleaner, anyway, and then you can have "lately bass," another staple sound in the history of music.

#71741 - 07/29/07 05:06 PM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone that still reads these boards know the roger troutman dx100 parameters? And does anyone know how big of an amp i need?

#71742 - 09/26/07 01:54 PM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am a big fan of Roger Troutmann and really like his sound. I have just purchased a Yamaha dx-100 and a banshee talk box. I only have 2 problems, I dont know what other equipment I need and I dont know how to use siad equipment. If anyone wants to help a desperate fan please feel free to contact me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I KNOW NOTHING about the technical aspects of this Yamaha

#71743 - 10/25/07 01:13 PM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like to know the Roger Troutman Parameters Like the sound and all that stuff

#71744 - 12/24/07 08:10 AM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
holler Offline

Loc: germany
Hey everybody...I got a question!!!!
I would like 2 knwo if somebody can tell me where i can get a dx 100....or something similar...reeeeaaally important... i got everything ready 2 start talkboxin but i need the dx 100!!!!
I tried it with a another synt but its not the same!!!PLEASE HELP

#71745 - 12/27/07 05:21 PM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

For those that want the Roger Troutman sound.

If you aren't lazy and can do a bit of learning, you can achieve the Roger Troutman sound by what's called FM Synthesis. Before I tell you an easy stupid secret let's just consider this....

Getting a DX100 used is a nightmare and costs alot these days. So why wouldn't Yamaha jump on the re-issue band wagon and just make something like it. Well first off, to make a small keyboard for only a few sounds is obviously ridiculous. Second, the technology patent for FM synthesis is up and anyone can make it (Casio did, and look at Moot Booxle play). And last but not least, Almost every keyboard out there has a sound close to it if not better and also has the same if not close to it, FM synthesis technology in it. So you see, there's a software plug called FM8 by Native Instruments and can replicate the DX series by Yamaha EVEN BETTER because it's digital. Do some research on FM Synthesis and you'll quickly see that it's no secret to getting more bounce to the ounce.

#71746 - 02/02/08 01:21 PM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
holler Offline

Loc: germany
can somebody please help....i got the DX 100 and i got the banshee talkbox!!!!
But it still sounds kinda weird!!!
What am i doin wrong?!?!can somebody help me with the correct sound on the dx!?!?!
what do i have 2 do 2 get the perfect sound of it!!?!?

#71747 - 05/09/08 08:23 PM Re: Yamaha DX 100 and Roger Troutman
Anonymous
Unregistered

You will not be able to get the exact harmony you hear on Roger's recordings...unless you record yourself doing the other parts. The secret to the talk box sound is mostly in your mouth- how you form the words...while you play the notes on he keyboard...adding modulation or pitch bending for effect.

Just practice ...play around with it...and above all LISTEN to the recordings..and watch the videos of people playing.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online