SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#7165 - 07/17/02 08:14 AM Re: Best all around Rhodes?...soft or hardware....
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Genralmusic has made a CD demo of the Promega3 and it is available to anybody who would like one by contacting Generalmusic in their Bensenville, Il office. Phone 630-766-8230. I just spoke with Tina in their office and she informed me that the first batch of CD's have already come and go and more are being duplicated. With the summer NAMM show this week, it might be a few weeks until they have more. These are free of charge and show off the power of this keyboard if you can't go into a store and hear one for yourself.
Again, not using samples but rather having a computer generate every nuance of the real Rhodes keyboard, I've not heard anything sound this good!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#7166 - 07/18/02 12:54 PM Re: Best all around Rhodes?...soft or hardware....
Anonymous
Unregistered

In review of my own message, I can see how it could be taken wrong in what I had tried to express (in opinion). If you like the Rhodes sound, you could really benefit from xylophone based patches, modified. A touch of random distortion in with the slightest ring modulation mixed in maybe 8va down with triangle gain in the wave post 270 deg and a touch of pink gives it a woodwind vibratory effect. You should try it. The sound is similar, but not quite as "square". It's sort of like a Rhodes without the "magnus" in it.
By the way, have you hugged your Magnus today?
Morphamatik

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online