SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#71405 - 04/20/02 08:22 AM midi output PSR-220
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just bought a secondhand PSR 220. It did not come with the manual
I bought a midi cable which goes into the game/midi port of my soundcard. I thought this was all I had to do to get the midi over the keyboard but it doesn't work. Can someone tell me if I need to set anything else up either in the pc or in the keyboard? Thank you so much!

#71406 - 04/20/02 04:49 PM Re: midi output PSR-220
Benny_j Offline

Loc: Germany
If your operating system is Microsoft Windows, you gotta open the control panel and look for "audio settings" or "multimedia settings" or so (don't know how they named it in the english version ) In the upcomming dialog, click the "Audio"-tab. At the bottom of this tab there should be something like "MIDI-Playback". Select your soundcard's MIDI interface from the list and press ok. This tells Windows (by default) to send all the midi data to the interface of your soundcard and not to use the integrated (and really poor) software synthesizer or the wavetable chip.

A second common mistake is to muddle the two midi plugs (in&out). "Out"-plug must be connected with "In"-Port of your keyboard, and so on (guess you know that).

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online