SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#71273 - 02/25/01 12:05 AM Saving Midi files to the QY70 from a PC using Soundcard Midi connector
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have spent several hours trying to connect my new QY70 to the PC. I have my the
Midi cable going on to my soundcard games port. (A set up which works fine to my Yamaha VL-70m) and the Out going to my Midi in and the in to my Midi out.
And I have installed the QY Data Filter software and driver (1.85) but I can't find a com
port. I only seem to have a choice of 1 2 and 3. On three it can find a
device. On Com1 the port is invalid or unsupported. On Com2 the device is
locked.

I wondered why I needed a driver at all. I am able to use Dream In or out
or the MPU 401 drivers to power my VL-70m.

I have no idea what to do now. I even tried the software at http://www.yamahasynth.com/down/qy70/s_datman.htm which seems surprisingly
out of date.

Further experimentation and I have had a Midi program on the PC playing the QY70 by setting the host to Midi and my drivers to MPU401. The QY Data Filter still doesn’t like anything though.

Do I really need this QY Data Filter program to send and receive data on the QY70 or is there another get round?

#71274 - 02/25/01 03:54 AM Re: Saving Midi files to the QY70 from a PC using Soundcard Midi connector
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just to let you know someone elsewhere gave me the right question to sort me out. I was asked "Do both cables work simultaneously when using other software e.g. If you
connect a keyboard's midi out to the soundcard's midi in, and the sound card's midi out to a tone module's midi in, can you play sounds on the tone module with the keyoard?"
They didn't. I actually need to not be on MPU401 for the Input. Only the output. Once I was able to work out what worked I was able to apply it to the QY Data program

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online