SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#71172 - 10/06/99 05:50 PM Yamaha QY700 Sequencer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would anybody how I can purchase a USED Yamaha QY700? I cannot afford a new one and I would really love to get one for my boyfriend for Christmas. Is there a comparable more affordable model out there? Is the QY700 to new to be found USED? Please help!

#71173 - 10/06/99 11:12 PM Re: Yamaha QY700 Sequencer
Cinda Private Offline

I personally like the QY700... but I would never buy one. Some people like them and others curse the day that they were ever made...

Some people think they sound fantastic, others think of them as toys.

A few questions:
1) This item came out in 1996 (I believe) so they can be found used. How much are they asking?

2) What does he want to accomplish with this?

3) If he wants a portable solution, have you considered the Yamaha QY70? Same features, smaller, more portable, and costs less.

#71174 - 10/08/99 12:43 AM Re: Yamaha QY700 Sequencer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks so much for responding! Well, he can't play keyboards and wants to do his own thing on the QY700 because he's got an ear even though he can't read music. I priced one in Philadelphia at $1049.00. That's the best price I got. He has used one before and fell in love with it. I think he wants what can do the most. I saw the QY70 and mentioned to him but there is a difference of 24 tracks. He wants to record a CD soon and I believe he feels that the QY700 would suit him best. His computer needs upgrading that's why I didn't bother with Cakewalk and other software. And lastly, I though it would make a nice Christmas present. I'm trying to keep the surprise factor figured in. I haven't discussed it at length, but that's what he has said that he wants.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online