SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#71160 - 10/18/00 06:13 PM DJX or DJX2
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have no keyboard experience. What I want to do is just be able to do some good sounding stuff. I would need to use it in a band, where I want to have some nice effects and voice sampling done live. Is it possible to sample the voice and have it echo, right when you are doing it live? I really have no idea which one is better, but I hope someone could help me.

#71161 - 10/19/00 06:05 AM Re: DJX or DJX2
KeyboardFreak Offline

Hey tido, I don't think sampling the voice would be the way to give it "echo" if you were playing live. I would get a keyboard that has an effects processor and a mic/line input, I don't know if the DJX (DJX2) has this but if it does that would be the way to do it. Or you could get the DJX and also get a Alesis NanoVerb or similar reverb/delay/echo effects box..... you'd only be spending about $100-$150 more. What kind of music are you doing???? The DJX is good for dance/hip-hop/techno/etc. I've heard....... but past that you'd do better getting something more "real" I've heard many differing comments about the DJX..... ranging from "I love it, it rocks" to "It's a cheap toy, don't buy it" I've never used it so I have no clue whether to recommend it or not.

------------------
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online