SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#70977 - 01/26/00 12:48 PM Were my beat makers at
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just found this board a couple of days ago and I think I got a lot of skills when It comes to making beats. I have a yamaha djx: the best 2nd class keyboard thats out there. I know just aobut how to use everything on the keyboard but there is still a little I need to know. If there are any yamaha djx owners in here please post a reply. I need to know the who what when where and whys on the line in. with the line in, can I hook it up to the my stereo and record a beat that I made strait to a casset. I mean whats the deal. I know with a much more high technoligical keyboard It probably has a built in casset deck that you could record.
were can I get a line in. Radio shack, circuit city ect.....
If there is anybody that can help. Help me

[This message has been edited by Maryland (edited 02-19-2000).]

#70978 - 01/26/00 11:58 PM Re: Were my beat makers at
Alvinc Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi Maryland,
I beleive that the DJx has six seconds of sampling memory, I am not sure if that can be used by plugging in an external sound source and recording into the keyboard, or if it is just for internal samples, try it. It is possible that the line in is just for playing back from an external sound source and jammin.

If you have an external cassette deck, then you can just record from the line out or even the headphone socket of your DJX into your cassette's line in.
I don't own a DJX, having recently bought a Cs2X and SW1000xg, but the DJx sound like fun
to me. it takes ages for me to programme beats into my sequencer, does the DJX create them easily?

#70979 - 01/27/00 02:20 PM Re: Were my beat makers at
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks, But I did not understand a word you just said. What I want to know is can we use the line in to record from my DJX derectly to an ordinary casset deck.

#70980 - 02/04/00 11:58 AM Re: Were my beat makers at
Ian Ottoman Offline

Loc: USA
you got it ass backwards bro. Line in brings into your machine , line out sends whatever you are doing out. So, if you would like to record your beats onto a cassette use your line out to a recorders input.

#70981 - 02/06/00 12:30 PM Re: Were my beat makers at
Anonymous
Unregistered

For real, Im saying , hook me up. where do I get a line in and a Line out. I want them. Can I get them at radio shack or any old music store. Or do I have to order it from my yamaha catalog or something like that.

#70982 - 02/12/00 04:56 PM Re: Were my beat makers at
Ph@yze Offline

Loc: London,England
Check out your other post

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online