SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#70890 - 05/24/99 02:39 PM Cakewalk 8 vs. DJX-a fight to remember
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help if you can...Im such a lost novice...I use teh DJX for playing live, and one show I started it up and all the patches, samples and presets were lost-gone...so upon reading the manual, I realised that by purchasing sequencing software I can do a bulk dump of all my patches and presets to my PC (450 mghz celeron)...So I bought Cakewalk Home studio 8, a little MIDI-15 pin adapter for my PC
gameport plug and now I need help getting the DJX to 1) work with the software, and 2)acheiving this dump so I can back up the DJX. I need all sorts of help so anything that you can offer is greatly
appreciated. HELP

#70891 - 05/25/99 06:05 PM Re: Cakewalk 8 vs. DJX-a fight to remember
M_C_LOVE Offline

Loc: lewisville, tx, usa
1) To make it work, send the midi out from your comp. to the midi in on the DJX. The DJX midi out to the midi in on the computer.

2) Activate the MIDI input and output ports in the TOOLS > MIDI DEVICES

3) Whenever you turn on your DJX, on the DJX panel itself set the external clock to ON. Set local control to OFF, or you will get an echo. (Or you can leave it on on the DJX and turn it off on Cakewalk, if the DJX is your only midi device in your chain.)

4) Now get your sequencer ready to record... Go to BULK DUMP or SAMPLE DUMP whatever you want... Hit record on the sequencer and tell the DJX to start the dump. Cakewalk will capture the dump.

5) I believe there is a setting to receive the dump as well, too...

This is the best I can remember without seeing the manual.

The most important point is that you get the DJX studioware panel for Cakewalk at:

http://www.abstractreality.com/djx
This will allow you to control all the options of your DJX from CAkewalk.

=M-C-lOVE=

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online