SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#70877 - 12/31/10 04:27 PM Re: KN7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Elizabeth,

What a lovely day to celebrate your Mum's 'Centenary' If you lived in England your Mum would have received a telegram of 'Congratulations' from the Queen. Meanwhile I'd like to wish her a very Happy Birthday and perhaps she could tell the rest of us what her secret of 'long life' is.

Good luck to you both and a Happy New Year to everyone.

Audrey

#70878 - 01/01/11 06:54 AM Re: KN7000
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
TONY... Yes, I do have my Mom's genes! We sound alike over the phone...Dad always had to ask which one of us was calling!
AUDREY...Yes, For me, the whole world celebrates my Mom's Birthday! GIOVANNI sent an email to tell me your Queen would send Mom a congrats if she were a Brit... When we talk on the phone later, I will tell her that.

Thank you all for your nice comments..
Now back to the great 7K??
Elizabeth

------------------

#70879 - 01/01/11 11:17 AM Re: KN7000
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Yes, I also remember the KN7000 as a great keyboard. And Panasonic was stupid to stop developing on. Since last 4 years I have played Tyros 2, 3 and now 4 and got used to them. I am sorry to hear about Audrey's problems. The Tyros 4 has amazing sounds as not heard ever before on a keyboard like the SA2 Sopran Sax, Grand Piano, Vintage guitar, SA2 Jazz and Celtic Violin, etc. And I don't have any problems with the keyboard, like hanging styles, or whatsoever. Again sorry to hear.

Thsi is my last Tyros writing on the KN forum

I finaly like to wish you all a very Happy, Healthy and Musical 2011.

Kind regards, Fred

#70880 - 01/04/11 06:23 PM Re: KN7000
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Hi Audrey,
Sorry to read of your problems with the T4.
I have kept coming across bits that you have posted both here & on YPKO and followed them (along with those of many others) with great interest because I have also ordered a T4 (expect it in around 2 weeks).

Like you, I have a Technics KN7000 and then bought a Tyros 3 and, like you, I also had quite a hard learning curve with the T3 but have managed to suss out just about everything I need to know.

My KN7000 is still my favourite keyboard and looks like holding that position forever. It's operating system makes Yamaha's look as though it was knocked up in 5 minutes without any real thought at all. I should stress that my purchase of a Tyros was only insurance for if my Technics dies on me but a range topping keyboard should reasonably be expected to satisfy the buyer in most ways - up until now, my T3 has failed this test.

As I have not been totally happy with the T3, I was undecided whether to move onto the T4 but thought it's got everything the T3 has and then some extras so it must be a bit better. Having taken the plunge, I now find myself filled with dread at this move and this is not allayed by the fact that most of the Yamaha fans seem to think it's normal to have to mess around with so many settings just to do something which the KN7 did straight out of the box.

I sympathise with your problems and hope & pray I don't suffer the same because I've found that the quickest way to become unpopular with the Yamaha fans is to post anything other than praise when discussing a Tyros.

What can I say except that the KN7000 is still King and why, oh why, did life have to be so cruel to us devoted Technics lovers.
Tony

#70881 - 01/05/11 03:15 AM Re: KN7000
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Anthony - the best insurance would have been to buy yourself a back-up KN7000....chuckle...

#70882 - 01/05/11 04:10 AM Re: KN7000
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Hi Roger,
I would have done that if I could have found one at the time and I even wish I had kept my KN6500 now.

I am also quite fond of Roland & Ketron too but Roland seem to have done a Technics and Ketron seem unable to sort the bugs in the Audya.

It would have been good if more manufacturers produced modules just to add some fresh sounds and styles to the mix when playing the KN7 but, in my dreams, I still want a KN8000 - I know I'm not alone too.

#70883 - 01/05/11 05:17 AM Re: KN7000
mordicus Offline

Loc: Montreal
There is one for sale since yesterday on Kenneth's site:
http://www.kn7000.net/news.php

#70884 - 01/05/11 05:50 AM Re: KN7000
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Johnson:
[It would have been good if more manufacturers produced modules just to add some fresh sounds and styles to the mix when playing the KN7 but, in my dreams, I still want a KN8000 - I know I'm not alone too.

[/B]

Actually we are very well served on this site regarding styles & sounds, not like the Yammy site where style swapping is verboten. For example, Bill Norrie has a great collection of styles on his site. which he freely makes available ( Thanks again Bill ) Also, when downloading these & other "user styles" it payes to check the user sounds section. There are some fantastic "tweaked" sounds in there at times. Some of these sound as good, or better than the much vaunted " super articlation" sounds, and with no need to press a button. A great example of this is a selection of country guitar sounds in several user styles that I have come across.
Also we are blessed with great after market assistance from such people as Alec Pagida, whose book left any manufacturers manuals for dead, and has work arounds for many features.
Also, a problem never seems to go unanswered for long here, long may it last.
Best regards to all

Eddie

#311587 - 01/09/11 04:36 AM Re: KN7000 [Re: peter b]
peter b Offline

Loc: nottinghamshire, UK
as an addition to my original posting.
I went to an organ society concert last wednesday --Chris Powell,very good --- and one of the members, who new I had gone back to a KN7000 came up to me and presented me with a gift. Something which was sadly missing from the software when I bought the keyboard.
!!! A BRAND NEW, UNOPENED/UNUSED 'SD JUKEBOX' SET.!!!
He had a KN7000 until about 3 years ago and traded it in for a tyros 2 and has since moved on to a LOWREY SENSATION. So I've now got the best christmas gift ever.

Peter b

Edited by peter b (01/09/11 04:49 AM)
Edit Reason: MISSPELLING

#311597 - 01/09/11 07:22 AM Re: KN7000 [Re: Sandgroper]
Glen Coyne Offline

Loc: West London, UK
I have to agree with what Eddie said 100%. We still have some very knowledgeable people on this forum who are always very willing to help out when needed like Alec, Bill and a host of other 'experienced' members - my sincere thanks to all those who have helped me in the past.

One example of finding great sounds, I have always wanted a good Hank Marvin sound. Unfortunately I have never really liked the electric guitar sounds on any of the KN keyboards I have owned, even the fantastic KN7000. I finally found that sound listening to Bill Norrie's 'Apache' by far the nearest I have found to Hanks guitar on a keyboard.

Long may this forum continue smile

Glen

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online