SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#725 - 12/02/03 06:57 PM Re: Sound cards for laptops
zukskywalker Offline

Loc: Washington DC
OK, for my first post I'll stick my neck out onto the chopping block and say......Extigy.
It's a way low end Soundblaster external card/box thats got some MIDI,unbalanced audio in, 5.1 audio processing,etc. etc. blah,blah,blah. They're running for less than a buck($100)at auction and are targeted for "mobile" users. I snatched one up recently but haven't fired it up yet. Tied up right now trying to gut a 122 and stuff rotors and everythying into a 125. They say that it runs cleaner by being separate from the noise inherent in any PC or laptop.
Let the hanging begin.

#726 - 12/02/03 11:02 PM Re: Sound cards for laptops
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
would that sound card also work with PC computers and would it work for desktops?
Thanks

Right now I'm using it on my desktop PC

#727 - 12/03/03 03:26 PM Re: Sound cards for laptops
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Skywalker,

I'm not gonna hang you, but could you please let me know how you get on with your Extrigy??? I'm particularly interested to know how it performs with VST instruments (in terms of latency).

For me, the golden question with something like an Extigy is "Can it be used to trigger virtual instruments in a live situation?"

#728 - 12/03/03 05:02 PM Re: Sound cards for laptops
zukskywalker Offline

Loc: Washington DC
Still not there yet but a quick search turned this up from ZDnet--"People who want to tackle multitrack recording or MIDI work should go with the Sound Blaster Audigy instead since its latency is 2ms or less, as opposed to the Extigy's 40ms."

#729 - 12/19/03 04:44 PM Re: Sound cards for laptops
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
This is a very big moment for me.

I've taken the advice of this thread and have just bought a brand new laptop (a bit selfish at this time of year, but I've worked my arse off for it).

Anyway, this is literally the first website I've visited and I just wanted to say Hail Hail Rock and Roll and a Merry Christmas to the synthzone crew!

[This message has been edited by Equalizer (edited 12-19-2003).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online