SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#70459 - 09/24/10 03:37 AM Re: long time ago
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
I am another of the octogenarians still performing. I use both Kn7000 and Tyros 2. Last night I took the KN7000 to a gig in a fairly large hall with my usual extra amplification only to find when I had set up that the amp had decided to give up the ghost. I had to play the gig using just the internal speakers and it worked just fine. How glad was I that I hadn't taken the Tyros.
My only regret is that I do wish Technics had not built this ever increasing weight factor into the specifications of the KN7000. I shall soon have to consider buying a fork lift truck!!

Keep going everyone

Trevor

#70460 - 09/29/10 10:12 AM Re: long time ago
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
Hello "Young" Old Friends, Joan, Young, Joe, Bob,Derek, Anthony, Trevor, Bill, Audry, and all the other Technics players. It it is for me very nice to hear that all of you keep your "good" health and playing still your lovely keyboard. I believe it is a fact, "One song a day keeps the Doctor away " .And Joan you having a special place in my heart.
Happy playing for all of you
Always Young Jack

#70461 - 09/29/10 02:39 PM Re: long time ago
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
HI all, as a very young 50 something having worked on Hammond B3,H112,T202 and other makes like Lowery,Farfisa Yamaha and the Technics organs,keyboards and more too many to name. the old working mens clubs and street bars,I have to admire you all for your attitude in still playing and making sure music is LIVE!!!!
Regards John.(53 years) and looking forward to follow your example !!!!!!!

#70462 - 09/29/10 02:46 PM Re: long time ago
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI Jack
It is good to see you post here again. Hope you are well and playing a lot of great music.
I am no longer active in this Technics Forum as I am playing Roland E 80 and Yam Tyros 2 keyboards. I sold all the Technics keyboards except the KN800 which I kept for sentimental reasons.
Yes, most of the people on this forum are pretty mature. Many evolved from organs to technics keyboards.
Now over on the general arranger forum you read some posts and you will begin to think that they are all teeny boppers with their arguments, egos and Lying and bragging but they really aren't. they are old enough but not mature enough to act their age.
Best to you and yours and all the great folks here at the Technics Forum.
Bebop Bill Forrest

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online