Hi Ted,
I have read through each post and felt a bit of confusion. Would you answer the questions below to give clarity?

1-Playing a sequence from a floppy – Microphone plugged into the keyboard and then recording and saving on to what?
2-Is your purpose to give a gift to someone?
3-If so do you want to give them a CD?
4-Are you trying to record the complete performance on to a SD card?

In all that I do I keep this little word in mind---

KISs K = Keep, I = It, S = Simple and the last “s”, is for me, “s” = Stupid

At one time I struggled to share my music (Sequences) in Technics format. I recorded the sequence and then shared it with other Technics users. Very limiting, my music could not be shared keyboard players who used other keyboards. I tried to convert them into GM sequences but I did not like the results.

My method – keeping KISS in mind.
My microphone into my keyboard and then play live or use a prerecorded sequence, normally mine, and then recorded to a Mini Disk stand alone recorder. I understand recording directly from the keyboard use the USB port is the best method but I was satisfied with the difference. I could have used a CD recorder that would have given the recording a better sound.

Moving on – With the coming of the MP3, and it’s ability to store far more than the Mimi Disk or the CD I changed over to the MP3. Again I lost some quality and was willing to accept the difference. (KISS) If I was recording to sell I would be using the method that Bill so clearly explained, but I wanted storage volume. Because I changed to recording in the MP3 format I was able to share with keyboard and non-keyboard players.

Look for my new post on the “Ipod”, those of you who have little or no knowledge may find it interesting.

John C.