SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#70205 - 05/10/10 08:08 AM Re: Kn5000 What a keyboard
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
All these comments are great! BILL...Your website is a wealth of info... It is one of my Fave's.. I do have all the 5K programs in my stack of floppies and SD's...It is a big stack!
ALEX...Thanks for your input comparing the machines.
JOHN C...Reading the opinions of your two musician friends...Having never heard a Tyros-3 in person, just on YouTube, comparing it to a 7K just does not cut it for me...
Sometimes when creating a new folder for SD card with newly "tweaked" rhythms and sounds,and Panel Memory banks, sometimes the ABC memories, and the file title are lost in the up or download. I've not figured out why they get lost! I am very very careful to have everything set to "yes" to avoid the losses... Is there a process that I am missing?
I suppose it is possible that the "Gentle Swing" rhythm exists on th 3K or even maybe the 1K. I'm pretty sure it is not on either the 6K or the 7K. I have owned and played the 1K,3K,5K,6K and the awesome 7K.
Guess I will have to do a search of my floppies and SD's.... I know I have that "Gentle Swing" somewhere...will also look for the "Simple Swing"....

Thanks for all the great comments! This forum is the best!

Happy playing!
Elizabeth

------------------

#70206 - 05/10/10 08:54 AM Re: Kn5000 What a keyboard
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Elizabeth,

I've looked through all the past styles of the 2K,3K,5K,6K for 'Gentle Swing' and it does not appear in any of them. Maybe it was in the KN1000? I don't have any of them...

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#70207 - 05/10/10 09:09 AM Re: Kn5000 What a keyboard
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
Technicsplayer,
Would the improved amplification system and the sub-woofer have any effect when hooked directly to my Bose Compact PA and the an insert put into the headphone jack?
John C.

not really, since those define the sound of the stand-alone keyboard. If the output is at line level the external speakers/amp/equalisation mainly affect the subjective sound balance.

#70208 - 05/10/10 07:22 PM Re: Kn5000 What a keyboard
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Elizabeth, I am not sure what you meant by this,
"JOHN C...Reading the opinions of your two musician friends...Having never heard a Tyros-3 in person, just on You Tube, comparing it to a 7K just does not cut it for me..."

If you are referring to the test I did with my Bose Compact PA -- The two musicians were myself another another man and we had a Tyros 3 and a Kn7000 present. The comparison was made so that we might learn. We both love and understand the differences between both keyboards, each offers somethin different.

John C.

#70209 - 05/10/10 07:24 PM Re: Kn5000 What a keyboard
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
Elizabeth, I am not sure what you meant by this,
"JOHN C...Reading the opinions of your two musician friends...Having never heard a Tyros-3 in person, just on You Tube, comparing it to a 7K just does not cut it for me..."

If you are referring to the test I did with my Bose Compact PA -- The two musicians were myself another another man and we had a Tyros 3 and a Kn7000 present. The comparison was made so that we might learn. We both love and understand the differences between both keyboards, each offers somethin different.

John C.

Sorry I forgot to add that I own a Tyros 3 and a Kn5000 and the other man owns a Kn7000.

#70210 - 05/11/10 08:10 AM Re: Kn5000 What a keyboard
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
JOHN C....My comments were in reference to yours above in which you cited opinions "...from two musicians who have owned all the kn keyboards since the 1000..."

BILL... The "Gentle Swing".... Maybe that is what I named a rhythm I created??? When I find it, I will let you know the answer to this mystery!

Elizabeth

------------------

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online