SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#69986 - 02/27/10 01:50 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Buddy
It's easy to put them onto floppy disks after you have transferred them to an SD Card but not before because they are saved in a format which only transfers in one lump to an SD Card, if that's what you mean - but they'll only work in a KN7000 or the later models KN2400 and KN2600.

#69987 - 02/27/10 06:30 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Transfer to floppy can be done without using an SD Card
Unzip to a folder > navigate down through the folders to the TFLD folders > open a TFLD folder and copy all the files to a floppy disk............ Copy/Paste or Drag/Drop or Highlight/Rightclick/Send To Floppy etc.

As Aleksander (of Compare the Meerkat) would say - Simple! Click!

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69988 - 02/27/10 06:59 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Sorry Bill - I thought they were in 'back-up' format (sdb)...and needed to be restored first.

#69989 - 02/27/10 07:23 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
Bill Norrie Offline

....depends which format you download if you download Bernie's originals, then they are already in KN7000 format after unzipping. If you download the file from the online location http://www.4shared.com/file/205388070/943a2076/KN7000.html where I placed the .sdb file, then Yes! they would have to be extracted to an SD Card first.

I've already explained the process to 'Buddy' since he emailed me direct....

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#69990 - 02/27/10 02:26 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Bill,

Having tried using both Bernie's and your own instructions on "how to" with these styles, and also using the KN SD Explorer tool. Each time, all the styles are showing on my SD Card and the PC, but when loaded to the KN7, I still get the message "File is empty" (or words to that effect) and the card does look empty.

From emails I've been receiving from other members on this Forum, I am not the only one to be having this trouble. Any ideas?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Audrey

#69991 - 02/27/10 04:09 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Bill Norrie Offline

I'm sorry Audrey, I cannot be more explicit than I have been in the procedures which I have already posted on the Forum.

Your statement "From emails I've been receiving from other members on this Forum, I am not the only one to be having this trouble" is balanced by many others who have successfully transferred the files to SD Cards, using one of the procedures.

The simplest way to carry out the transfer is to download the .SDB file from : http://www.4shared.com/file/205388070/943a2076/KN7000.html and use the Panasonic Song Manager program's Restore facility, to transfer the files to an SD Card.

Knowing from past remarks you have made on the Forum, I believe that you tend to use 1GB and 2GB Cards. I don't use 2GB cards at all but just wondered if there is a vague possibility that using one of these cards could be causing a problem. Remember, that the KN7000 is not capable of fully addressing SD Cards with a capacity greater than 1GB and treats 2GB cards as a 1GB card. Also, I assume that you are not trying to use SDHC cards?? i.e. SD Cards with a capacity greater than 2GB - because they just won't work on the KN7000. Even though you may be able to transfer the files to a 4GB card and see the files on your PC, the KN7000 will not recognise the card.

Just for confirmation, I have downloaded the .SDB file from the above mentioned website and restored the file to a Panasonic 2GB SD Card, using the procedure as posted. I checked the card in my KN7000 and it works perfectly

If you still can't do the transfer, send me an SD Card and I'll do it for you.

Aldous Huxley

#69992 - 02/28/10 01:55 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Audrey Turner Offline

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, I do tend to use 1GB SD Cards as I 'bulk buy' because my camera uses them as well. I like to fill all the KN 99 Folders with 20 styles or medleys to each folder which, as you know, is the limit of the KN folders you can save, so using a higher capacity card would literally be a waste of space.

When my first download didn't work, I actually printed out your instructions as I thought I may have missed something. Anyway, we wont go into all that again, but you have mentioned using the KN's own programme manager, so before troubling you again, that is what I'll do.

Thanks again for all your help. It's a pity we aren't going to have another 'seminar' as it would be good to meet you all again.

Audrey

#69993 - 03/01/10 07:10 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Hi Bill,

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, I do tend to use 1GB SD Cards as I 'bulk buy' because my camera uses them as well. I like to fill all the KN 99 Folders with 20 styles or medleys to each folder which, as you know, is the limit of the KN folders you can save, so using a higher capacity card would literally be a waste of space.

When my first download didn't work, I actually printed out your instructions as I thought I may have missed something. Anyway, we wont go into all that again, but you have mentioned using the KN's own programme manager, so before troubling you again, that is what I'll do.

Thanks again for all your help. It's a pity we aren't going to have another 'seminar' as it would be good to meet you all again.

Audrey

As I had no luck transfering Bernies styles direct to an SD card, I painstakigly loaded them on to floppy dics. It took me days to do it and umpteen floppies but I've got them all now on a 1gb sd card.
Derek

#69994 - 03/01/10 03:44 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Audrey Turner Offline

Thanks for the tip Derek. I think Bill or Roger mentioned it could be done that way and as you say, it is a time consuming job, but if all else fails, I will do it your way.

Hope you and Rosemary are well.

Audrey

#69995 - 03/19/10 04:25 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Johnt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just opened one of the folders from bernie's D/Load.
As it has been a long time since I touched my m/c, was wondering what are the .MSP and .ACT files for?

JohnT

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online