Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#69976 - 02/22/10 06:33 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Thanks for the e-mail Bill.
Found the "applause" effect okay.
Problem with floppy though......all screen info shows "applause" in Pads 1, 2, and 3, but the only sound emanating therefrom is a single piano chord. Can you check your original, for validity.
Thanks again for your help.Incidentally, I know you have other fans down here, from Melbourne. They refer to you quite fondly.
see Ya !!
Ray

#69977 - 02/23/10 06:15 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Looks like something got corrupted on the way 'Down-Under'. I'll send it again Ray....

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69978 - 02/23/10 03:58 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Ray,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, been very busy with 'gigs' lately, but slowing down now, so if you'd like to let me have your email address, I'll see what I can do.

Bye-the-way, I had a similar question about Custom styles put to me sometime ago and I still have a copy of my reply which I will send when I receive your address. Even if it isn't exactly the answer you're looking for, it may point you in the right direction.

Meanwhile, the quickest way to get back your original Custom Styles is to save everything to a card first, then initialise the keyboard which will put all the original styles, patterns, customs etc. back on to the keyboard just as it was when it left the factory. Of course, if you bought it second-hand, it may not be so easy as that, but I think it's worth trying as it could save you a lot of frustration.

Audrey

#69979 - 02/24/10 01:36 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I stand to be corrected but I don't think initialising the keyboard will return/put back custom styles that have been displaced by other custom styles.

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 02-24-2010).]

#69980 - 02/24/10 03:28 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Thanks Bill, second time today it worked.
I saved it, THEN extracted to disc, and all three pads applauded.
Thanks Audrey, but Roger is right, when I lost the original Custom Styles I failed to save to an sd card, and when I initialled, it showed the styles that had replaced the original, oh! dear! woe is me!
Hark!! is that the audience applauding, I must give an encore. No,it was only "The Gardener" scolding Charlie (the dog).
See Ya !
Ray

#69981 - 02/24/10 03:33 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Hi Audrey, my e-mail address is back on my profile.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69982 - 02/24/10 03:57 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Audrey Turner Offline

No! your' right Roger, initialising will not put back your own styles, but as I said it will install all the 'original' styles that were on the keyboard when it left the Factory.

This is one area of the KN7 that is difficult to explain as there are so many things you can do. It really is a matter of choice, trial/error and lots of practise but having said that, I still do not always get it right the first time around - grrrrh! very frustrating I can tell you.

Any developments on another 'session' Roger or is it not possible?

Audrey

#69983 - 02/25/10 01:21 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
If someone else would set it up and run it, Audrey, then I'd be happy to attend as I am sure would Bill Norrie - but running it is a lot of hard stressful work!!!

#69984 - 02/26/10 01:53 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Audrey Turner Offline

Point taken Roger.

It definitely needs someone motivated, energetic and organised.

Never mind! we still have this brilliant site where there is always something new to learn.

Audrey

#69985 - 02/26/10 06:09 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Buddy Offline

Loc: London, UK
I have read many SZ Posts in connection with the KN7000 styles gifted by Bernie. Thanks to him and to all forum members who have helped to direct members on how to get the styles onto SD cards.

My question is this: Is it possible to unzip those styles onto floppy disks? And if so, what is the best way to do that correctly. I am aware that they are very many files and may require very many floppys. That is OK. I'd like to know how they can be transferred, if it is possible, onto floppys correctly.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Buddy

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online